• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket Folding T-Top’s

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Does anyone have experience in any aftermarket folding T-Tops
interested in your review. Stability, folding time, brands

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If I were to purchase a FSH, I likely would add a Fishmaster Pro Series Folding T-Top. I did a lot of research into these when I was considering a Robalo Center Console. There is a pretty tough crowd over at the The Hull Truth forum, and this seems to be the preferred brand for commercially available T-Tops. (there is a smaller group of folks there who would have a T-Top fabricated by a shop.)

Jim

Marco Island Life

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thank You, Jim. I purchased a Fishmaster and installed it. In the up position, it looks beautiful. Just like all the other pictures of their product. The only problem, which is a major problem, is the folding. They furnished incorrect bolts for the hinges. Every time you fold it, more metal shavings.
Their instructions show a picture of a bolt with a smooth shoulder. This would allow the soft aluminum to rotate on a smooth lubricated surface. They furnished pivot bolts that are 100% threaded. So the threads act like a file. Thus the metal filings. I found some bolts with smooth shoulders on line. This will be a temporary fix. I plan to have a machine shop make some pivot bolts that will fit correctly, that way all the bolts will line up correctly. As of now, it is a battle to get the bolt holes to line up, when I am done, I expect it to work perfectly. I use the boat 3-4 times a week. So the top is folded every time. I don't get a 100% fold, due to the console design, but it folds enough to fit under my carport, and the low bridge on our canal.

If any FSH owners are interested in this item, contact me.