• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alabama Jetboaters & others, 2nd annual Lake Martin Meet n' Greet - September 15th-17th

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello local Alabama members and surrounding state members,

We are having our annual late Summer Meet n' Greet on beautiful Lake Martin located in Dadeville, AL (near Auburn) and we would like invite anyone who would like to come meet up and hang out with us for a day or the weekend. We have booked a cabin for the weekend for our group and there are many nice cabins, condos and homes available to rent on this large lake if you would like to join in on the fun. There are many coves to explore and claim as our own as well as many restaurants and cafes along the shoreline. There is famous Chimney Rock for those who like rock diving, Chuck's Pizza (w/ store marina) for a killer pizza and cold beer on the water and music at night, beaches to find, coves to claim, sloughs to ski, you name it. The water is very clean and clear at this lake often turning hues of aqua blue/green to emerald greens. Water is plenty deep to enjoy surfing too! We will be cruising, anchoring in coves, wakeboarding, tubing, surfing, grilling or BBQ'ing some food and just having a good time relaxing in the south for a weekend. We would love to meet some more folks so if you're in the area or want something to do with your boat on a beautiful lake during the September 15th-17th please let us know!

This video narrated by Morgan Freeman showcases the lake and some of the things to see and do on...

The are condos for rent with slips at Stillwaters Resort which also has a golf course, swimming pools, beaches, tennis, etc.

Here is a video from last year's meetup. We have grown a bit in size since then and hope to see many faces on the lake.

Here is the lake house where we will be staying at. Bonus points it has its own private launch ramp. :winkingthumbsup"
lake martin google map.jpg

0e9712b2-2b36-41f5-8e5a-05f815d377b4.c10.jpg

b3bcfa97-ac97-4959-9a8e-1ba58daf76ca.c10.jpg

0b625c64-756d-4107-a695-7dc3ab91d78f.c10.jpg

a79619ab-54f6-4a27-af0b-3555aee56333.c10.jpg

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I'm available that weekend. ;)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some pics from last year...

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
12-1/2 hours for me.:(

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's an easy drive Jim. It's like three roads. ;)

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Rob9550 this is it :)

*edit*my bad, this isn't the big one we want to have next year...

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think i may have to try to attend next years meet-up! I think I'm tapped out for trips for this summer. Need to represent the Pacific Northwest in alabama!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do it! You can even leave the wet and dry suits at home since the water temps are nice here in June. :)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Man I would love to make it down this year but for a 10 hour drive I would have to stay longer. I am out of vacation for this year also. :(

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You guys think a 10' TV will be big enough to watch the Bama game?

IMG_0781.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bill D can we mount it to your tower so we can watch the 2:30 Florida / Tenn game on the water? :D

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So is it too soon to talk about an early spring gathering? When does the water warm up down there?

jared24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love this lake. I'll be there 10/13 weekend if anyone else wants to party.

100% right @blacksapphirez about Chucks Pizza! Niffers too...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I forgot to update this thread with the pics and video from the gathering. Check it out here if you haven't seen how beautiful this lake is https://jetboaters.net/threads/pics-and-video-from-our-end-of-summer-gathering-2017-on-lake-martin-al.15427/

So is it too soon to talk about an early spring gathering? When does the water warm up down there?
I'm not sure who in our group is going to lead or coordinate that event. @DBamaC was going to contact a few businesses on the lake and see what we can get put together for a nice event. We haven't really discussed dates too much but I would like it to be kind of a kickoff to summer so maybe June/early July but not entirely nailed down.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the wife and I would be looking to come down, late May to early June...... Would the water be warm enough by then? @haknslash @Bill D ?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider Early June will be still a little nippy but able to swim as we did a trip to Smith Lake (further north in the state) on June 10th and it was fine. Starts to heat up nice around mid-to-late June. May would be too chilly for this southerner to get in lol. Hope y'all can make it down!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
don't come here in mid august...water temp runs 93 degrees... not refreshing at all