• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alarm Issues

Tyler Hallock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I have two issues...First my alarm is going off inside the console of my 210 FSH Sport. I have a four bank minnkota charging system on and all batteries are fully charged. Boat is out of water and I put fish in my bait tank and turn on airator and 10 min or so later the alarm goes off. The motors are not on or anything, I disconnect the house battery and it turns off. I’m the process of trying to trouble shoot I but a new battery in from my trolling motor and hooked up the negative to the positive and turned the parallel on and pop the positive terminal on my start battery burned up. I immediately turned off everything but now motors and screen will not turn on. I looked everywhere for fuses. The battery fuse is still good. However there are two fuses with blue and white wires and the fuse says 120 and it’s really small. One is in the engine bay and the other is under the center console. Is there a secret stash of fuses on these boats and does the systems that allows you to parellel protect against reverses polarity I would imagine they have somthing to protect your boat from this.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have two issues...First my alarm is going off inside the console of my 210 FSH Sport. I have a four bank minnkota charging system on and all batteries are fully charged. Boat is out of water and I put fish in my bait tank and turn on airator and 10 min or so later the alarm goes off. The motors are not on or anything, I disconnect the house battery and it turns off. I’m the process of trying to trouble shoot I but a new battery in from my trolling motor and hooked up the negative to the positive and turned the parallel on and pop the positive terminal on my start battery burned up. I immediately turned off everything but now motors and screen will not turn on. I looked everywhere for fuses. The battery fuse is still good. However there are two fuses with blue and white wires and the fuse says 120 and it’s really small. One is in the engine bay and the other is under the center console. Is there a secret stash of fuses on these boats and does the systems that allows you to parellel protect against reverses polarity I would imagine they have somthing to protect your boat from this.
Check your owners manual or download one from the internet. Yamaha has them for free. Should tell you where all your fuses are. My buddy borrowed my car a long time ago and left the lights on. He was not a mechanical guy and tried to jump it with the cables on backwards. Popped a master fuse that killed all power to car. I am assuming (you know what they say about that) that is what happened to you. I think I remember reading something about one on my boat.

Edit to add/correct, I think the fuse was on the computer in my case.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Eng can to my knowledge is the controller area network that feeds data from the engine ECU to the vehicle display. My best guess.

Tyler Hallock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So little update lol, that fuse looking thing was a relay and the alarm was actually due to water getting into the screen and causing that alarm. $750 screen replacement done by Yamaha as a one time Courtesy.