• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alarm

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
ok. I have a 2018 190. Every three or four times when I am running freshwater through the engine at the end of the day after a few minutes I get an alarm beep steady. It shows a red engine symbol that I assume is temperature. Then the next morning when I go to start it it does the same thing. After I turn it on and off two or three times the alarm subsides. And I have no further issues for the day. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 52 hours on my rig. Running in salt water ranging from 70 to 80°.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
ok. I have a 2018 190. Every three or four times when I am running freshwater through the engine at the end of the day after a few minutes I get an alarm beep steady. It shows a red engine symbol that I assume is temperature. Then the next morning when I go to start it it does the same thing. After I turn it on and off two or three times the alarm subsides. And I have no further issues for the day. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 52 hours on my rig. Running in salt water ranging from 70 to 80°.
The one time I had that issue was when I hadn't turned on the flush water spigot on all the way. About 1/4 of the water I needed was getting into the engine to cool it. Have you checked to make sure there is enough water pressure? I know you said this is recurring, but it's a good box to check on the troubleshooting list.

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The one time I had that issue was when I hadn't turned on the flush water spigot on all the way. About 1/4 of the water I needed was getting into the engine to cool it. Have you checked to make sure there is enough water pressure? I know you said this is recurring, but it's a good box to check on the troubleshooting list.
Good point. I have it on the whole way. It’s the most pressure I can get on the eastern shore of Maryland, haha.
It didn’t do it last night. Go figure.