• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

All 2016 Yamaha 190 and 192 models will have "articulating keels"

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The press release states "The Articulating Keel is found on all of Yamaha’s 24-foot boats, and for 2016, it is included on all 19-foot boats."

You can see the keel in these profile photos.

2016_Yamaha_AR192_Rudder.png

AR192-Black_Wht-Profile_01_1024.jpg

AR192-Gray-Profile_01_1024.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As I stated once before. This setup along with aftermarket fins will be rock solid in the water!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
With the rudder alone, this hull tracks really nicely! I intentionally followed the 242X's wake and went back and forth across it, and it didn't wiggle at all (in an FSH)

Last edited:

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As I stated once before. This setup along with aftermarket fins will be rock solid in the water!
Honestly, after driving the FSH, Fins won't even be necessary. Sorry Will @Jet Boat Pilot

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt a kit will be available, more like buying replacement parts for yourself.

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's called a RUDDER and I don't like it.

Say ... RUDDER

And now it even sticks BELOW the bottom of the rear hull! Ugggggh. Can it be removed and just switch to fins? I know this is a 190 thread, what about the 240s? Do the 240's RUDDERS now also extend below the bottom of the hull?

Yamaha, some nice steps forwards, and some big steps backwards...

I most often anchor up on a sandbar and now the stern of the boat looks to have another 5 o 6" of draft and now the stern is more likely to bounce the rudder on the bottom with the waves.

Why are the other brands not needing to bother adding RUDDERS to their boats? It would be awesome I think to get a RUDDERLESS Yamaha 240 (with fins), a new 240 with a RUDDER, and a scarab, chaparral, etc into a review to determine the various effects on low speed manuevering and NEUTRAL spinning, and dock/boat ramp manuevering.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the forward swept arch. I wish mine had that.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok...ok....rudder.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gotta agree...that's an ugly rudder.:(

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We believe that adding the Thrust Vectors will give the new 19 footers exceptional slow speed maneuverability while the articulating keel will stabilize the boat at high speeds. This is what I hear from early reports from our dealers so we believe the Thrust Vectors are still very needed and relevant.

Current year Thrust Vector sales have grown once again and the data shows that we're selling very well on the 2015 24 footers.

We are currently working in a new Thrust Vector model for the new articulating keel single engine craft. That is one of the many reasons we bought the new FSH on Friday. Pictures soon to come!!!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not having anything hanging below is one of the reasons that I bought jet.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the forward swept arch. I wish mine had that.
Maybe we can swap out our towers to some SX owners and get the new arch tower installed? We can then use the old mounting points to install some fishing rod holders that will also mount a magma grill, a shakespear whip antenna for VHF radio........

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do agree though, not a fan of the rudder jutting out below the keel line, at least TV's hinge up.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I am really glad I bought a 2015 SX192. When I installed Thrust Vectors, I got concerned that they would hit the street when I pulled into the driveway but they cleared. There is no way I could pull into my driveway with that rudder on there.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Same here. No way I could get in my driveway with that rudder. I pull my Thrust Vector XL's up and secure them with a bungee cord to the scupper outlet plate.

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just tested the new Thrust Vector XV design for the articulating keel 190's and the test went so well that I am convinced that every 19 footer this year NEEDS Thrust Vectors!!!

We made only a slight change and the kit performed perfect!

On today's test we really tortured the Thrust Vector XV's! We spent a great deal of time slow cruising at about 11-12 mph and steered hard to port and starboard. We tested slow, intermediate and fast. I was convinced that when we got back to the dock that the fins were going to be badly bent, but they weren't! They were perfect. Not bad for a first test and with less than an hour of redesign work in it! Video soon to come.

Not only did the Thrust Vectors help with slow speed steering they helped with slow speed straight line tracking. Without the Thrust Vectors installed we were having to course correct quite a bit in a calm protected bayou with no breeze. After adding the Thrust Vectors we were able to get the heading dialed in and let go of the steering wheel and the boat maintained course with no correction!!! We even shifted the weight of passengers to one side and still were able to get it dialed in to stay on course.

I have attached a picture of the prototype. We will be testing over the next few weeks and will have new images at the end of the evaluation period!

Attachments

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So now it has three rudders :) Just kidding Will! :shamefullyembarrased: I'm a huge T/V fan and have XL's on my boat. I think it's a testament to your ingenuity that Yamaha is finally catching up to your forward thinking. Thrust Vectors are the Mona Lisa compared to their solution!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, just like our twin engine models now boats 5 rudders! lol

Sales did really well on twins this year so we're confident going into 2016 that we're going to continue to do well with the Thrust Vector line!