• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

aluminum trolling motor mount for my new 2022 210FSH SP

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I close the deal today on my new boat and have ordered the electronics, which include the Simrad NSS9 evo3s and the Minn Kota 24v Riptide Ulterra. I am having the dealer install both. I do not feel comfortable doing it myself. I just can't see myself actually drilling wholes in my new boat. Many of you have opted for a custom made trolling motor bracket. I would be willing to pay one of you to fabricate one of those for me to replace the OEM trolling motor mount. I hope I am not breaking any rules by proposing this. Also what is a reasonable price to pay the dealer to to install both of these? I have received a quote from the dealer for just the Simrad and I was shocked at the price. I think the problem is that the dealer also sells yachts and he is pricing things like he normally does for his yacht owners who do not care about price. I hope to be able to post some photos later today.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A little hard for us to give you advice if you don't mention prices.
A quick search on Amazon reveals that Simrad is $2800, and doesn't include the transducer.
So I would venture to guess you're in the $5k range for that purchase/installation.

I am in the market for a similar trolling motor, and they are practically sold out worldwide.
That purchase/installation is also in the $5k neighborhood.

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A little hard for us to give you advice if you don't mention prices.
A quick search on Amazon reveals that Simrad is $2800, and doesn't include the transducer.
So I would venture to guess you're in the $5k range for that purchase/installation.

I am in the market for a similar trolling motor, and they are practically sold out worldwide.
That purchase/installation is also in the $5k neighborhood.
I’m sorry I should have been more specific. I have purchased everything: the trolling motor, batteries, Simrad unit and transducer separately. I was solely looking for an installation quote for these items.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer wanted about $1000 to install Garmin EchoMap 94 and transducer. I had a great mobile marine mechanic install for $700.
Where did you find the trolling motor?

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The quote I received for the install of the Simrad was $800, based on what you said I guess I should be happy with that. Thanks for the info, I feel much better about it now. I have not received a quote on the trolling motor install yet. I found the trolling motor by doing a google search; most places had it listed as out of stock, but Bass Pro had a few units a couple days ago when I purchased it. I plan on adding the Garmin Echomap 93SV with Panoptix in March because that is when I know it goes on sale at Bass Pro. Waiting until March will save me $400.