• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amazon Envy

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've discovered a new emotion...... The feeling of excitement I get when I see the Amazon guy delivering packages to my front door, only to be disappointed when I see my wife or daughters name on the packages! I then feel like I should order something to make myself feel better!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Amazon envy, that's funny. Do you think FedEx and UPS guys feel like they are Amazon employees as well? I'm guessing it's the majority of their business these days.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've discovered a new emotion...... The feeling of excitement I get when I see the Amazon guy delivering packages to my front door, only to be disappointed when I see my wife or daughters name on the packages! I then feel like I should order something to make myself feel better!
Or when you see the Amazon van driving down your street....slowing down near your house....only to pull into the house across the street! LOL

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
0528fbf1e16ee3e2b3353d93bf27135f6614b5-wide-thumbnail.jpg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have gotten less excited about Amazon packages over the years as it is now more everyday mundane items like premium dog food and cliff bars. As a result I am not envious of packages coming unless I am expecting new toys or tools.

Recently got my 16yo son a 2009 BMW 535i that was in mint condition at 130k miles with the exception of some very slow oil drips. I figured not hard to replace oil pan gasket, cartridge oil filter housing gaskets, turbo oil return gasket, replace the plugs, replace the serpentine belt, replace a filter, and do an oil change. How very wrong I was and that project really did require some specialty female torq sockets, female torq ratcheting wrenches, BMW specific oil filter wrench, and even a BMW specific 12 point, thin wall magnetic ball joint spark plug extension/socket. The over engineering of every part and fastener on a BMW is almost comical. The worst part was having to remove half the engine bolt ons and drop the entire front subframe just to remove the oil pan. Amazon to the rescue on all the specialty parts and tools that I needed over the course of that week and I was seemingly more excited than my son to open every package as they came in. Of course by the end of the week he was bit tired of crawling under the car.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have gotten less excited about Amazon packages over the years as it is now more everyday mundane items like premium dog food and cliff bars. As a result I am not envious of packages coming unless I am expecting new toys or tools.

Recently got my 16yo son a 2009 BMW 535i that was in mint condition at 130k miles with the exception of some very slow oil drips. I figured not hard to replace oil pan gasket, cartridge oil filter housing gaskets, turbo oil return gasket, replace the plugs, replace the serpentine belt, replace a filter, and do an oil change. How very wrong I was and that project really did require some specialty female torq sockets, female torq ratcheting wrenches, BMW specific oil filter wrench, and even a BMW specific 12 point, thin wall magnetic ball joint spark plug extension/socket. The over engineering of every part and fastener on a BMW is almost comical. The worst part was having to remove half the engine bolt ons and drop the entire front subframe just to remove the oil pan. Amazon to the rescue on all the specialty parts and tools that I needed over the course of that week and I was seemingly more excited than my son to open every package as they came in. Of course by the end of the week he was bit tired of crawling under the car.
Lmao

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Sounds like we have very similar parenting styles...... stand close by and point while our children climb around under the car. They drive them, they should get dirty working on them.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like we have very similar parenting styles...... stand close by and point while our children climb around under the car. They drive them, they should get dirty working on them.
I like pitching in, but he sure is going to get his hands dirty and learn a few things since I bought him the car. First thing I made all my kids do is simulate a roadside flat and learn to use jumper cables/jump pack, and identify the tow points on their cars. Working on cars or other projects can be some great parent/child time. He learned a lot about the car/tools and I got to impart some other non-car wisdom amid some joking around. I really do think I was as excited about working on the car with him as he was about getting his first car. He wants some bass in the trunk for Xmas and can't wait to do that with him. Back to the Amazon envy.... I really do get excited when I am waiting on tools or parts for projects. When some parts for a different project for me got delivered yesterday it felt like Christmas.

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Working on my son's subie wrx with him I feel is probably the best way to get to know each other as people rather than just father and son. It's a wrx soooooo we get to do it a lot lol.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's a wrx soooooo we get to do it a lot lol.
I feel you. My daughter has the only vehicle that's more of a money pit than a boat....a Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket). :D