• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Amazon lightning deal - Guest 2611a dual battery charger $59

This charger has served me very well this year! I have had it plugged in for months keeping the fridge powered up.

Deal dead, back up to $107 from $59. Hope someone was able to get in if needed. Incidentally, I ended up installing a Minn Kota MK230PC last week...write-up to follow.

Grabbed one. Perfect timing and thanks for the heads up!

That's a steal. I love my guest.

Yeah, we probably should put deals like these under AT HELP. :)

Wish I hadn't missed that one, looking for a dual bank charger for winter mods.

@Craig : If you want The BEST > get yourself a Minn-Kota MK-220D ............
Here it is for less than $ 182 .... And it is built like a Sherman Tank. Freight is a low $ 8.95.
It has the industry's Finest "Maintainer" functionality, yielding you LONGER useful battery longevity.
Hope this helps you ....... I have helped many members here discover this unit, and many of them have told me how extremely pleased they are with the unit, and how it is both designed, built, and functions. :winkingthumbsup"
http://www.hodgesmarine.com/Minn-Kota-Mk-220d-2-Bank-X-10-Amps-p/min1822205.htm?click=19
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - This is a 2-bank, 10 amps PER BANK< charger.
PPS - If ya wanna make a quick judgement of a charging unit .......... Look at its "raw" weight."
This one is 15 lbs !!!!!!!!!! I believe this is the highest weight, due to included componentry, of any of its competition. :thumbsup:

The unit simply bespeaks QUALITY ! [flag]

Dang, hate that you guys missed out on it.

@MikeyL - I picked up a Minn Kota on your advice and also because it was one of the only ones I could find locally on a Sunday. I originally picked up the 210D at Gander Mountain then stumbled on a MK230PC at Academy. The 210D is going back (never opened). While 2x15 is no doubt overkill, if you ever need to recharge with a quick turnaround (same day), the higher output may very well pay for itself (ie. keeping friends and family happy on a busy holiday weekend).

Haven't looked into how you guys are charging 4-6 battery banks but suspect a larger charger could come in handy there, too, under a parallel setup.

@ Pointblank : Glad you did get the Minn-Kota. I normally do NOT recommend the MK-210D, as it is simply not "enough" amps per bank to do a normal re-charge overnight, if you have "used up" a lot of the battery's capacity while out boating 1 day, and are going back out again the NEXT day. It's only 5 amps per bank. And from a pure economics point of view, the 220D, being twice the capacity of the 210D, simply does a better job overall. The 230PC ......... WOW. Now THAT is the KILLER unit, albeit maybe out of some people's price range. It is the latest model, and am so glad you discovered it.

For a 4 battery bank requirement, Minn-Kota does offer their MK-460PC. Hodges has this for $395. 15 amps for each of 4 banks.
http://www.hodgesmarine.com/Minn-Ko...gital-Charger-4-Ban-p/min1824601.htm?click=19

Have a great week, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

If it helps, I have 2 bank Prosports for about the same price and in stock.

@ChargerGuy , when you say you have
If it helps, I have 2 bank Prosports for about the same price and in stock.

So you have a 2 bank 10 amp (5 amps per bank) charger for $59?
I'm just asking in case anyone else is looking for a good decent and inexpensive 2 bank charger.

I'm surprised that you haven't sold out of the three bank chargers pictured in your post above, especially the $79 and $99 units.

I have the guest charger initially discussed (I got it years ago for around $60), I like it so much that I took it off my first YJB before I sold that boat and installed in my current yjb. 5 amps may not be able to recharge a depleted battery overnight but I don't think with my use patterns, stock accessories and the stock charging system I ever deplete my running battery (E.g. I've never had to combine it with the house battery to start the engines). Besides I only boat on the weekends so my 2 bank (5 amps per) has at least 4 full days to do its job. Anything is better than nothing since plugging in an onboard charger is much easier than moving batteries in and out of the boat and more convenient than using a mobile charger/maintainer.

@ChargerGuy , when you say you have

So you have a 2 bank 10 amp (5 amps per bank) charger for $59?
I'm just asking in case anyone else is looking for a good decent and inexpensive 2 bank charger.

I'm surprised that you haven't sold out of the three bank chargers pictured in your post above, especially the $79 and $99 units.

I have the guest charger initially discussed (I got it years ago for around $60), I like it so much that I took it off my first YJB before I sold that boat and installed in my current yjb. 5 amps may not be able to recharge a depleted battery overnight but I don't think with my use patterns, stock accessories and the stock charging system I ever deplete my running battery (E.g. I've never had to combine it with the house battery to start the engines). Besides I only boat on the weekends so my 2 bank (5 amps per) has at least 4 full days to do its job. Anything is better than nothing since plugging in an onboard charger is much easier than moving batteries in and out of the boat and more convenient than using a mobile charger/maintainer.

I sell a crazy amount of chargers every day as I am all over the internet. Factory reman units are not from everyone, but online does show I offer a good product and service.
Basically if you see something you like on my ebay store, I can take 10% off for a credit card or paypal invoice sale.
You can see them all here.

Thanks!
Jason

Back