• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor '17 AR240

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What size fluke anchor fits in the anchor locker?

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately not a good one.. I just got the new 13 Pounds Mantus but it would only fit under the front seat, Yamaha made these anchor lockers to small!!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately not a good one.. I just got the new 13 Pounds Mantus but it would only fit under the front seat, Yamaha made these anchor lockers to small!!
Someone made a video of how to get those mantus anchors to fit in the front. I need to find it again. Thats by far the best on the market

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Someone made a video of how to get those mantus anchors to fit in the front. I need to find it again. Thats by far the best on the market
If you find the video please posted...

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good video!!! Going to try...

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Academy has one that fits perfectly in there and heavy in enough. I forgot which size it was but I think it was a #13 but don't quote me. I will look next time on the boat.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Either a Danforth 14lb or Marine Raider 13 lb I belive it was. Sorry I don't have exact information at this time. :(

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've used Danforth-style anchors in the past and they were always a pain. You need 10' of chain + 7:1 scope and they can be a PITA to set. With 150 feet of line, that only allows you to anchor in about 20' of water an still maintain a 7:1 scope.

When I got the 230, I went with a small Box Anchor. I typically anchor in sand, mud & grassy bottoms, and this anchor holds every time with a 2:1 scope. For my 242, I'm going with a collapsible small box anchor that will fit in a tray under one of the front seats. The anchor will stay in the anchor locker and I'll put a climbing locking carabiner (rated for 16k pounds) to easily connect/disconnect the anchor.

One thing I've done with my anchor line I also put stripes on it every 10 feet with a sharpie. 10' = 1 stripe; 20' = 2 stripes and so on until 50'. At 60 feet, I then go back to 1 stripe. This makes it very easy for myself and the crew to deploy the right amount of line when I say...."give me about 25'." As for durability of the sharpie on the line, after five seasons in fresh water I finally went through and re-marked it.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What size fluke anchor fits in the anchor locker?
I just ordered a small Box Anchor off Amazon for about $130 ish. I have never had one but I heard they are awesome/the best. I do NOT think they fit in the anchor locker but they seem to fold away nicely. The small one weights about 20lbs.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
get rid of the front ladder... its hard as hell to get up that shit anyway! haha

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not what you were asking...

I heard... What is the best holding anchor I can get, regardless of weight, that fits in the locker of any boat??

It's a 20 lbs Navy anchor with 6ft of chain, of course. It's sheer weight will keep you in place, and it holds awesome.

So it weighs about 30lbs total.... Yes it does.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@PortTobacco II...

Fold your box anchor up, then slip a piece of rebar cut to 18" through one corner of the folded box anchor and it'll fit perfect into the anchor locker...And doesn't move. Put it in with the "teeth" facing forward, and put the lower section into the OEM holder. I did cut some of that matting (I had extra from my old boat) that comes with the boat for the ski locker floor. This mod cost me $2.50 for a 24" piece of rebar, and $9 for a can of spray-on truck bed liner in the spray paint section of my local OSH Hardware.

I can't take credit for this mod as I read it from someone else on here...But it works perfect. If I knew who did this first, I'd happily credit him.