• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor Chain for 21 feet

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan to use a Danforth anchor and wanted to see if anyone has had good luck with 4 feet of vinyl coated chain only. I replaced about 10 feet of galvanized chain which would definitely ding up the boat. I boat in the bay and on a lake and usually anchor in under 20 feet of water.

I plan to buy a 2nd, box anchor as well but until then...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I prefer 6-8 ft, 4 ft is good for the back. We have storms that pop up out of nowhere where the winds kick quickly. More is definitely better.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree with the longer chain length needed on danforth anchors I’d say no less than 6-10ft and I’d recommend dipping in a can of plasti-dip or flex seal to seal the chain if you’re trying to avoid dinging the boat...

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use 6' of 1/4" galv. chain and a 8# Danforth style, West Marine anchor on the end of the rode. Never dragged. I am always careful bringing in the chain and anchor to never contact the hull or topsides. I do have a new 16# Danforth, came with the sailboat and was too small for it, but way too big for general use on the Yamaha. I'd err on the side of caution and get a couple more feet.