• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor Locker liner ideas? Trying to protect the inside...

Drfast555

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello all! 2021 195S here. Have two anchors in the locker and neither fit in the factory holders. I have note seen any commercially available mats/liners for this use.

I was planning on using some type of mat, but looking for ideas!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seeing your going to have to cut anything to fit in the locker I would maybe try something like this, that way you can still fasten them together in the locker. Maybe double them up for more cushion.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We picked up a rubberized outdoor doorstep mat and put it in the locker to keep the anchor and chain from moving around.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
You can get self adhesive rubber sheets in different thicknesses from mcmaster.com. I have even gotten it in white.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Convert that area to store your fenders and lines... forget that its labeled as an "anchor locker". Buy a box anchor (Box Anchor — Slide Anchor) and store it in a folded position in one of storage spaces.

Literally, throw your box anchor over board and forget about it.........no setting needed.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Convert that area to store your fenders and lines... forget that its labeled as an "anchor locker". Buy a box anchor (Box Anchor — Slide Anchor) and store it in a folded position in one of storage spaces.

Literally, throw your box anchor over board and forget about it.........no setting needed.
Even the small box anchor won't fit in the anchor locker? Seems like a natural spot for it, but maybe too long when folded?

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hello all! 2021 195S here. Have two anchors in the locker and neither fit in the factory holders. I have note seen any commercially available mats/liners for this use.

I was planning on using some type of mat, but looking for ideas!
I noticed that my anchor in it's front locker was starting to gouge the fiberglass some while under way at higher speeds.
After restoring old splash guard material in my truck fender wells, I used the left over material in the anchor locker.
It's masticated rubber. I purchased from the link, off their E bay site..

Detroit Muscle Technologies, LLC

Had my boat out all day today, took a pic of the rubber pad.

OF COURSE NOW I SEE THE CAUTION STICKER...!!!!! :eek:

IMG_7035.JPG

Last edited:

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even the small box anchor won't fit in the anchor locker? Seems like a natural spot for it, but maybe too long when folded?
Small fits in our 2019 AR195 with the danforth and 150ft rope.

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Seeing your going to have to cut anything to fit in the locker I would maybe try something like this, that way you can still fasten them together in the locker. Maybe double them up for more cushion.

I used a left over piece of 1/2" cow mat, @Babin Farms might know the stuff, to use as a pad inside the locker to use as a bumper for the anchor. The Seachoice sliding ring anchor was a POS, would not hold and I lost confidence in it. I bought an 8# West Marine Danforth style galv. anchor to replace it.
It has held every time on our lake bottom. I did have to cut an inch and a half off of each end of the stock to hang it in the locker. Probably could have moved the mounts instead. It did not matter it performs well. The shank rests on the bottom of the locker on top of the chain and rode. That area could be padded too if you desire. It does not move or swing around in there. I do not recommend modifing your anchor, but it worked well for us.

20180413_122824.jpg

20180413_151329.jpg

20180413_122859.jpg

20180413_122915.jpg

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In another thread another member posted using this product for the anchor locker.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered a few of these tiles to try out. Supposed to be here yesterday... was delayed.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Been using dridek for years an the yachts. They have it in burgundy color to match my hull so i ordered enough to do my ski locker. Much better than that stuff yamaha gives you. Dridek is great. If cut to size right then it stays put and is super durable. I dont know how you would get it to confirm to the inside of the anchor locker but if you can then it would work great