• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchoring info for Table Rock lake trip in July

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So as the title says we'll be heading to Table Rock for a few days in July. We've been on it before and have a pretty good lay of the land. We stayed at Kimberling City last time and this time we'll be at Indian Point. We like to explore and tube and stuff like that and then we like to find a nice calm cove to anchor in and chill. We anchored in a cove last time and I couldn't recover my anchor. From then on I was a little gun shy with dropping my hook in that lake and being afraid I'd never see it again. I heard the rumor that it was a very common occurrence for that lake AFTER it happened to me while I was shopping for a replacement while on our trip.

So I'm looking for guidance from the experts on this board that know this lake like the back of their hand. I have a chartplotter so if you have coordinates that would be awesome. We have another family traveling with us with their boat so I know we'll be doing a lot of exploring. Any places to check out or eat at or stay away from would help a lot too. Thanks in advance.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So as the title says we'll be heading to Table Rock for a few days in July. We've been on it before and have a pretty good lay of the land. We stayed at Kimberling City last time and this time we'll be at Indian Point. We like to explore and tube and stuff like that and then we like to find a nice calm cove to anchor in and chill. We anchored in a cove last time and I couldn't recover my anchor. From then on I was a little gun shy with dropping my hook in that lake and being afraid I'd never see it again. I heard the rumor that it was a very common occurrence for that lake AFTER it happened to me while I was shopping for a replacement while on our trip.

So I'm looking for guidance from the experts on this board that know this lake like the back of their hand. I have a chartplotter so if you have coordinates that would be awesome. We have another family traveling with us with their boat so I know we'll be doing a lot of exploring. Any places to check out or eat at or stay away from would help a lot too. Thanks in advance.
Don’t know Table Rock yet either. We were hoping to do it this year for the first time, but our boats but out under warranty for a year. We haven’t got it back and are supposed to be getting a new AR195, but probably not in time to get a place this year.

Last season we went to Stockton and had a blast. We were told Bull Shoals was were it’s at. We’ve also been told the same about Beaver Lake. My boys and I scuba dive too and we thought Table Rock or Beaver would be best. The whole family loves to shred on wakeboards, so the big lakes with all the “fingers” are great as you can get a whole “river” or cove to yourself.

Enjoy!! Let us know how it was and share some pics!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetMania that sucks about your lack of boat because of warranty. I'd be raising he**! Hopefully they get the issue resolved soon.

I'm really looking for local knowledge of the lake as to where the best to anchor, or not, and the best restaurants. I know it's a big and very clear lake cause we've been before several years ago. We loved the area and the people were nice and friendly, like Texans, is why we're going and taking friends this time.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Several are here now. It’s not as clear as it usually is due to high water and flooding downstream keeping the lake level higher than “normal”. I think someone said 6-10’ of visibility, for diving. Not real sure... I can see my feet under water, I know that.

Restaurants, see this list. She keeps it updated.
Table Rock Lake Restaurants | Julie Blanner

I haven’t lost an anchor, yet... but it’s a matter of time. It’s a deep lake. When you get shallow enough to throw an anchor, there are usually trees that you hook on the bottom. Depending on the size of your boats, it may be easier (especially now with the high water) to putter a bit closer to shore and loop a rope around a tree sticking out of the water then back out a bit and see where the wind blows you.

@Ronald @CDENsomnia @jcyamaharider @mattschepker @CAP44

(tagging a few folks that spend a bit of time here)

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
to putter a bit closer to shore and loop a rope around a tree sticking out of the water then back out a bit and see where the wind blows you.
That's what we may due. I think that's what I did once I lost my anchor last trip and couldn't find a replacement. I'll stick in some extra rope just for that reason. Thanks.

Ronald

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use the digger anchor...been anchoring here for 30 years, only thing that worries me is when the boat is spinning in the wind..swirling winds suck...so when in the cove of choice, find the steady breeze if can..or, post here, come find us and tie up lol.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use the digger anchor...been anchoring here for 30 years, only thing that worries me is when the boat is spinning in the wind..swirling winds suck...so when in the cove of choice, find the steady breeze if can..or, post here, come find us and tie up lol.
Will do! If I have decent cell service.

2019limitedS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mini yamaha meet up yesterday.
what cove is this? We were there back in mid June for the first time and loved it. We have plans to be back the weekend of the 18th.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@PEARCE Tie a trip line to the tripping ring, if installed, at the crown of the anchor. Tie a small bouy to the other end to mark anchor position as it floats above the anchor. Pull the trip line to release the set/stuck anchor. This does not work if lines wrap around submerged trees and other debris. We usually anchor in less than 20' of water. With a mask, fins and snorkel one can check out a fouled line at that depth, if conditions are favorable.

20200618_070800.jpg

You never know what you will find down there on the end of the hook. :winkingthumbsup"

20200708_071924.jpg

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper I like what you found in that first pic. Great catch! I think the problem I had was the anchor rode had wrapped itself around a submerged tree or two. I remember it was a somewhat windy day and I recall us 'swinging on the hook' a good bit. That's the only time that I've not been able to recover my anchor and I've brought up a lot of stuff, no including mud, many times. Including other people's lost anchors.

RampRage

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At TRL I use a river anchor, Navy Anchor or cinder block.

I am due to lose an Anchor when I am down there next week.

hiss20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Was on Table Rock last week of June. Have a Yamaha 242x and have great success with the Box Anchor on that lake. Lost an anchor over by Kimberley City last year which is why I changed from a Fluke anchor to a Box anchor. We Wake board/ Surf/ Tube just south or around the corner from Branson Bay Marina and just north of Big Cedar. Anchor back in that cove.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our trip to and on Table Rock was a great success! Didn't lose my anchor this time because we didn't use it. We would either drift with the current for a while when we wanted to swim or tie up to a tree. We had another family with us who had never been on TR, and had their own boat, so we did a lot of running and exploring. My buddy had an outboard powered Chapperal that was very quite and efficient. I think I burned twice as much gas as he did. I think our boat handled the chop better and stayed dryer. We made a 20+ mile run to SS Dockside at King's River Marina to eat a late lunch, which ended up being dinner by the time we got there, and it was well worth the trip. We stayed at Indian Point to give perspective to the one's who know the lake. That place was awesome! The best meal out, and service, that we had on the entire trip. I think it's the best experience that I've ever had at a lakeside restaurant by far. We saw a lot of that beautiful lake because we went there. Well worth it! Our boats handled all the boat traffic chop and ran beautifully!
View from our condo balcony.
20200719_080757.jpg
The Branson Belle
20200716_160309.jpg
The Kimberling City bridge at sunset on Thursday. Got to it just as the sun ducked behind the cloud.
20200716_195442.jpg
We went to Branson to go to the Titanic museum on Friday. It was neat and it taught us a little more history about it in more detail. We then walked two doors down to an Italian restaurant called Pasghetti's. It was on Branson's list of top 8 restaurants. We called it a tourist trap! It wasn't very good nor was it cheap. In fact a couple of us didn't feel real good afterwards and it wasn't from over eating. We left there and went to the Branson Landing area where the Bass Pro Shops is. We should have gone to this area to eat. Oh well! We did a little shopping and saw the fountain show and the top of the hour.

Overall it was a great trip. Having another family to join us made it a lot of fun too! They have a daughter that is the same age as ours and twin boys a couple of years younger then our son. So the kids had each other to interact with to keep themselves entertained. It was great! We will definitely plan another trip together somewhere soon.

On a side note, trailer brake question.
Coming down one of the steep grades on the way into the Branson area my trailer brakes got hot and smoky. I was downshifting and using the exhaust brake on the diesel truck so I was hardly touching the truck brakes, but my poor trailer was along for the ride. If they were electric I would have turned them way back or off, but they aren't so i couldn't. Should I get them looked at or replaced? I've never messed with them and I'm the original owner. Most of the time we tow with the 3/4 ton, but sometimes my wife will tow with her Expedition. That would be when I'd worry the most. The 3/4 can handle the boat without trailer brakes, the Expedition could too in most situations, but a panic stop situation is where I'd be concerned.

2019limitedS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice, we went to TRL this weekend too and also stayed on Indian Point. Where did you all stay at? Did they have a dock for your boats that was on site? Always looking for new places to stay. We made a few long runs over to Campbell Point. Debated going up to SS Dockside but they were closed Thursday. Seen several Yamaha’s out and a ton of Mastercraft! FA95E805-1A70-4933-85A1-EC89E9CA234E.png

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We saw that gathering on Saturday! It was a Mastercraft reunion.

We kept our boats at Indian point marina, mine the first 2 nights at $20 per night. The slip was nice and was probably a 26x10. The marina had a paved ramp but no trailer parking. My buddy kept his boat at RockCreek marina and we moved ours there for our last night. The slip wasn't as long, but still nice and $20 a night as well . Their ramp was mostly gravel and needed 4wd to even get the empty trailer out of the water. They had trailer storage though so we stored them there. We stayed at the Treehouse condos and they were very nice.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We saw that gathering on Saturday! It was a Mastercraft reunion.

We kept our boats at Indian point marina, mine the first 2 nights at $20 per night. The slip was nice and was probably a 26x10. The marina had a paved ramp but no trailer parking. My buddy kept his boat at RockCreek marina and we moved ours there for our last night. The slip wasn't as long, but still nice and $20 a night as well . Their ramp was mostly gravel and needed 4wd to even get the empty trailer out of the water. They had trailer storage though so we stored them there. We stayed at the Treehouse condos and they were very nice.
Indian Point marina has trailer parking in normal years. Their boat ramp just opened up in the last 2 weeks as the water has come down.

We usually stay at Rock Lane Resort, when we come down. We usually launch over at Indian Point, then run the boat around to Rock Lane to the slip. This year, when we were there, Indian Point's ramp was closed so we launched and retrieved at Rock Lane... yeah that gravel is a little unnerving. Lol

This summer we also spent a fair bit of time camping across from the State Park Marina.

@PEARCE just saw your signature.... did I miss a post about selling your Sea Ray? I hope that was a positive undertaking. :)

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 I never put up a post about selling our Sea Ray. I may have mentioned it in a passing few words within a post but that was it. It was a positive undertaking and it was something that has relieved a lot of worry and, sometimes stress, of the constant worry. We live two hours away, with good traffic, from where we kept the boat so we couldn't just run down the road to check on things if we needed to. There are no other lakes that have facilities or services for big boats and we don't want to move our residents. Selling has freed up not only finances, but our time obligations too. When you have that sort of money tied up in a luxury item, you really feel the need to use it to justify the expense. Now, don't get me wrong, we LOVED the lifestyle! We loved the 'docklife' and I truly loved that boat. We will have a big boat again someday for sure. It'll be a different style probably and may be trailer able. We'll see! Our kids are very involved in school activities throughout most of the school year with our daughter on the highschool drill team, son in middle school football and the tournament Bass fishing team. Then when football is over they are both on the archery team. Never a dull moment! Without the big boat we have more flexibility in our recreation time such as a spontaneous camping trip or following the Bass team with the Yamaha for a day on the water.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@PEARCE be sure to let us know if you go back to Table Rock again. We are there most weekends, we have our camper across from the state park. We will be done after labor day but already have our spot reserved for next year.