• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Intermediate bearing change

robertr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Hey guys ,I’m changing out both intermediate bearing assemblies and just wanted to show you guys how bad the starboard bearing was, it came apart completely, I noticed the intermediate housing where it bolts to the boat is pretty ruff, should I just clean her up or change it , I plan on taking it out and resealing it just in case,
Thanks
DDCDAADC-B220-41FF-B6C3-6890E82EA56D.jpeg6358D101-E569-4C5B-BFC9-50535A91B40D.jpeg9C04FE4C-9726-4A4F-8BE5-93EC30C40A3C.jpegA6C011C0-9331-4DE3-8D5C-C163AE786DEA.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I would bead blast it to get a better idea how bad it is. If readily available and inexpensive, I'd go new all the way.

robertr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I would bead blast it to get a better idea how bad it is. If readily available and inexpensive, I'd go new all the way.
yeah, thats what i was thinking, they run about 85$ a piece so if I can save it, I will as I suspect the port side is the same
thanks

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve never pulled the pumps or looked at the intermediate bearing. How hard is it to pull that out?

I have the rebuild kit for the other bearings and new impellers and wear rings. I am thinking to rebuild in the off season.

Mcaro012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys ,I’m changing out both intermediate bearing assemblies and just wanted to show you guys how bad the starboard bearing was, it came apart completely, I noticed the intermediate housing where it bolts to the boat is pretty ruff, should I just clean her up or change it , I plan on taking it out and resealing it just in case,
Thanks
View attachment 160986View attachment 160987View attachment 160988View attachment 160989
How did you pull the intermediate bearing housing out? I have an AR210 2011. Makes this super loud humming ringing noise. Sounds really bad. I probably need to replace this asap.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you pull the intermediate bearing housing out? I have an AR210 2011. Makes this super loud humming ringing noise. Sounds really bad. I probably need to replace this asap.
A humming/ringing noise could be more than just the intermediate bearing. A good way to know your bearings are bad is if they are leaking while on the water. I didn't really have a noise when my port side went bad, just noticed the bilge was running more often; decided to look in the engine compartment while on the water and found my bearing was literally gushing water in while the throttle is in the forward detent.

Here is my thread on when I replaced my port side bearing:

You may have a different engine than me, but it should be pretty much the same process.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I go to www.sbtontheweb.com to buy the entire intermediate bearing with the housing and replace it all at once and don't grease those, you see the hole in the rubber housing just below where the grease fitting is?
1632668513246.png
Honestly the bearing housing is trash and you really want to do the job once and do it correctly.

This actually shows how you separate the rubber from the housing as you pump in grease.
There is no pressure release valve so the grease gun can blow the seats or start to separate the rubber from the aluminum housing those 2 pieces are not separate they are fused together. Once they separate you start getting water in the boat and in the bearings.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you have a ringing on the trailer try spraying some wd40 into the impeller via the nozzle as it runs and see if it quiets down if so you have contact between the impeller and the pump liner causing the noise

robertr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
havent had a chance to update, but everything is back together, I put new housings in both, no more leaks , runs great, took it four days down to the key largo for labor day weekend and had it wet slipped and went out every day, no issues, no leaks, bilge was dry when i took put it on the trailer

everything is new, impellers, liners, pump bearings, intermediate bearing housings, etc, engines rattle when out of the water, its just the way they are, so you need to do some process of elimination as Cobra jet said to make sure where that ringing noise is coming from