• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ANOTHER New Forum Feature is underway....FAQ

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Those of you paying attention will have noticed a new forum menu option "FAQ". This is a new feature we are in the process of deploying to make the forum content even easier to find. Currently there is one FAQ thread that we manually edit to list great posts and content. As time goes on, we will convert the content in that thread into FAQs in the FAQ menu.

Please bare with us as we make this change.

Once we have it populated with some of the basic FAQs we may also open it up and allow the members to ask questions and get them answered there!

Thanks to @ScarabMike for coming up with this idea/suggestion.
Thanks to @Bruce for installing it.

Your forum admins and moderators hope you will enjoy the new FAQ feature and that it further enhances the experience we all have here!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great idea! I am always looking up your posts so I can get to the FAQ/Index/References part of your signature line, but I can't see it on my mobile phone. This will make things much easier.

Keep up the good work!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great idea! I am always looking up your posts so I can get to the FAQ/Index/References part of your signature line, but I can't see it on my mobile phone. This will make things much easier.

Keep up the good work!
Turn your phone horizontal and the signitures will show.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Administrative I know the new FAQ is still in implementation phase but I have a question. Now when you click on the Home tab it takes you to the FAQ tab, no more Home tab, is this what is intended?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Administrative I know the new FAQ is still in implementation phase but I have a question. Now when you click on the Home tab it takes you to the FAQ tab, no more Home tab, is this what is intended?
Yes, it is in the early stages of becoming the landing page. It will have a welcome message and should gain search engine traffic with all of the FAQ data.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Turning horizontal doesn't bring in anything more than vertical.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't get my phone to grab a screen shot in landscape mode to show you but when I turn my Android to landscape (horizontal) it looks just like the web page.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, that is intended. What you might not have noticed before is that the home page was identical to the Forums page ...and exact duplicate. So we decided that we could put the FAQ in a more prominent place for members to find the important information.

We might change that home page into more of a "Landing Page" with other items on it besides the FAQ as time goes on.....but one thing at a time.

So if you liked what was on the Home page before....just click on the Forum page and it is identical content.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, that is intended. What you might not have noticed before is that the home page was identical to the Forums page ...and exact duplicate. So we decided that we could put the FAQ in a more prominent place for members to find the important information.

We might change that home page into more of a "Landing Page" with other items on it besides the FAQ as time goes on.....but one thing at a time.

So if you liked what was on the Home page before....just click on the Forum page and it is identical content.
Thanks for the reply. It tells you how observant I was, I never noticed that the old Home tab and Forum tabs were the same.

I do like the FAQ ideas you are implementing, should be very helpful to the current and new members.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
can you change the titles of the tabs? I just think this might be a little confusing to some. I figured it out, but thought something was broke. I came searching here and found this thread :) Maybe call the tabs "Forums Home" and like you said.."Landing page" or something like that. I also think a cool graphics or welcome page is what the HOME page should be. Something like the banner at the top but larger. A welcome message etc....might be really inviting. Rather than just seeing FAQS. Maybe we do have one but I have to log out to see it LOL

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe the droid phones are different than my iPhone in this respect.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
can you change the titles of the tabs? I just think this might be a little confusing to some. I figured it out, but thought something was broke. I came searching here and found this thread :) Maybe call the tabs "Forums Home" and like you said.."Landing page" or something like that. I also think a cool graphics or welcome page is what the HOME page should be. Something like the banner at the top but larger. A welcome message etc....might be really inviting. Rather than just seeing FAQS. Maybe we do have one but I have to log out to see it LOL
  • We will see what we can do with naming.
  • I agree that the home tab as nothing more than an FAQ isn't optimal-which is why we do foresee it being more of a true landing page eventually.
  • If anyone with some good HTML skills would like to build us a landing page....we'd love to see some ideas there! Many hands make light work! We'd love to get some input! Our biggest concern is that we don't want a page that will require constant work....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI... your "HOME" link (in the very top left) goes to FAQ. (jetboaters.net/faq)

My guess is it's an oops :).

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nope...not an ooops....on purpose as I explained above....Home was an exact dup of the "Forums" page. Now it has the FAQ summary instead. We intend to eventually make a proper "landing page" with the FAQ, and other introductory stuff....but we only have so much time.