• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another noob question...

Lvjayhawk15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so (yes its a crazy story but....) we're winterizing our boat today and then it dawned on me: I'm not sure where all the plugs are? My brother tested the boat, etc from the seller, we bought it via him and he gave us a walk around etc. However, we forgot to ask where all the plugs are/go.

I found the 3 in the engine bay, so those are good.
-Where/what are the 'clean out plugs'? Are those the large black ones on top of the fuel tank area?
-what other plugs do I need to install before launching? I have two brass plugs in our glove box but wasn't sure where they went?

(obviously, pics if possible would be greatly appreciated)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so (yes its a crazy story but....) we're winterizing our boat today and then it dawned on me: I'm not sure where all the plugs are? My brother tested the boat, etc from the seller, we bought it via him and he gave us a walk around etc. However, we forgot to ask where all the plugs are/go.

I found the 3 in the engine bay, so those are good.
-Where/what are the 'clean out plugs'? Are those the large black ones on top of the fuel tank area?
-what other plugs do I need to install before launching? I have two brass plugs in our glove box but wasn't sure where they went?

(obviously, pics if possible would be greatly appreciated)
The fuel tank is under the floor in the cockpit area, the open area between the seats.
The clean out plugs, big black ones, are on the back deck under the cleanout hatch. They should be taken out after each use and installed before putting in the water for next outing. It will not let water in the boat if they are out while on the water.
The brass plug is on the very rear bottom, that is the drain plug.
The engine bay has a few of the black plugs and the ski locker has one, whether you install
Those or not is a matter of opinion it seems, they are to let water drain to the rear of the hull if water gets in the ski locker and fuel tank area.

The clean out plugs give you access to the impeller if you get something stuck in there while on the water. If they are left in the holes too long they can get stuck, that’s why it’s a good practice to remove them when not on the water. Also, if they aren’t seated and locked into place properly they can become dislodged while running on the water and blow out, causing damage. So practice installing them correctly and give them a good few tugs after installation to make sure they are seated and locked!

Lvjayhawk15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
GREAT! Thank you! The only question I still have though, the ski locker plug- is that brass as well?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
GREAT! Thank you! The only question I still have though, the ski locker plug- is that brass as well?
Nope, that should be another black plastic one.
The only brass plug is the main drain plug on the back of the boat....sounds like you have an extra, which is good, I carry an extra one now since I got to the ramp one day and couldn’t find mine!

Lvjayhawk15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope, that should be another black plastic one.
The only brass plug is the main drain plug on the back of the boat....sounds like you have an extra, which is good, I carry an extra one now since I got to the ramp one day and couldn’t find mine!
Meaning, it is one of the black ones just like the engine bay plugs?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length