• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another shoe option

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I trailer the boat so I see the water sometimes when I launch/retrieve. Sometimes more than I would like

I didn't do so great with my reef flip flops although the built in bottle opener on the bottom was a plus. My son introduced me to the following which some of you may also like as an option.

They are mesh so water flows out of them, they fit tight for times that you need to run, and they float!

http://www.warrior.com/Coxswain-OG-Pack/COX,default,pd.html?dwvar_COX_color=Grey_with_Green&start=1&q=coxswain

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wear Teva sandals.

Reactions: 007

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a good pair of water shoes from costco for $24

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may have gotten the same from costco, speedo brand?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd rather a shoe shed sand than water. The sand doesn't dry up.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for posting. I need a new pair of deck shoes. I'll have to look at getting some.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Go ahead and laugh...plain old crocs rubber clogs are my "go to" water and boating shoe unless I am on a sand beach...then I put on my Vibram KSO Five Fingers. I'm going to check your link tho!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That does look like a nice shoe! I would love a better looking shoe than a croc. But crocs absorb Zero water, dry in maybe 5 seconds, and float! But they look goofy.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't disagree on the crocs as far as their being the most versatile but they are goofy. I also think the flip flops are the better option once you get to any sand. I have Teva's but I don't see anything better than a Reef with the built in opener.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Currently I have two pairs of crocs, the speedos and some blacktip water shoes. I've have countless others (designs and brands) over the last 26 years but the blacktips are buy far the best I've ever owned. Stylish, functional and light weight even though the sole is thicker than most other water shoes. I got mine "on sale" from westmarine. Here is the link to them on westmarine's site.

http://www.westmarine.com/mens-boat-shoes/blacktip--men-s-grand-slam-athletic-shoes-gargoyle-red-8-5--14245971

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie Those are pretty nice too.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So the Blacktips, like the Cogswains, being a "tennis" style lace up, with a foot bed, and at least some fabric...how long to dry out completely? To me, this is the main issue. When I get the boat to the ramp, I don't want to dance around to get shoes/socks off, I want to put the boat in the water and get on with it. I hate having wet shoes. And that is actually why I have almost become an exclusive crocs guy in Maui and on the boat. It is just too easy to have dry shoes 2 minutes after I walk right into the water! But I am with you @Ronnie , I would love a better looking, less sandy, less clog like, shoe. I want to complain about the crocs, but once I got around the stability issues of possibly rolling off one and turning an ankle, they are really supportive in the cushion department...but really easy to catch and roll over on an ankle!!! I have read horror stories about crocs and escalators. I don't go shopping in them generally, but I did go to the dentist, Academy Sports (3 locations), and to Home Depot today in my ACE Boating Crocs, that they don't make any longer. Sturdier material and a velcro heal strap to snug for surf activity. Mine broke, so I have standard rubber heal straps. I would like to find another pair of these. I am googling the blacktips too.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got a pair of Crocs Modi flip flops, I can't believe how comfortable they are. Bought them for boat use but they've become my daily shoe now.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a good looking croc.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Gee thanks......I just had the sudden need to run out and buy a camo pair of Crocs Modi flip flops. $35.00 dollars later I'm back home!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm loving the Modi Crocs!