• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

another speaker thread

troy henrie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have read a few threads about speaker replacements for the Sx190, it looks like people used the Polk DB651. I am wondering if anyone has used any other speakers? Looking at these on Amazon, they don't appear to be very well protected by the cover.

Any one have experience with other speakers?
Troy

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
JL Audio 6.5 and a lot of people like the wetsound. I went with the JL Audio because I like the protection the grill gave me. They aren’t cheap though.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think hands down the best bang for your buck is the Polk db. You can find countless reviews that will state the same thing. I have never had an issue with them not being protected well enough in 3 seasons now and am very happy with the sound quality and low end from a 6.5" speaker. The JL's and the Polk MM series would be a good step up from the Polk db's and sound amazing. I have a set of JBL's 6.5 in my pontoon and they very good as well, although I prefer the Polks. I know a few people on here have used Kickers and stated good results. I tried a pair of 6x9's from their KS line in my truck though and holy shit they are bright (too bright). I am not very familiar with Kickers so I don't if that is a common thing through all their lines. It also probably wouldn't be as bad in the open air of a boat.

troy henrie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool. I'll look into these. I was wondering also about getting new speakers that didn't require making any new holes for screws.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Drilling new holes isn’t a big deal just make sure the bit is close to the screws size, and when you are putting the screws in go slow and if it feels like it’s getting to tight back it out and go again till it goes threw.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Drilling new holes isn’t a big deal just make sure the bit is close to the screws size, and when you are putting the screws in go slow and if it feels like it’s getting to tight back it out and go again till it goes threw.
That's what she said.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had my boat for about three weeks and already drilled over 20 holes in it. ;)

troy henrie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rickey498 What all have you done?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The first thing I did was detail the heck out of it, but then I added a second deep cycle battery, a dual battery selector switch, a genie dual bank charger, a thru hull plug in for the charger, four 6.5 JL Audio speakers, a fusion ra70 head unit, a clarion 1410 amp, cobra viper NK jet steering, and a Hawkeye depth finder with a thru transducer. I still need to put on the keel guard, and roller, and I am going to run a couple of usb connectors for charging phones. The stereo jams by the way. I spent a little more than I wanted to, but I wanted something that was going to last, and I saved all the old stuff so if I do decided to upgrade in a year or two it’s all coming with me.