• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any add an OEM shower kit to AR240?

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering adding a shower. I looked at the rinse kit and it just doesn't hold enough water.

I'd like to add the stock system for easy of install. Has anyone done this and if so where did you buy it?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've seen kits for the older style boats but haven't for the later models. I just did a quick Google search for "Yamaha boat shower" and it popped back some results. Prices looked to be just short of $500

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought we would use ours more often but went almost the whole first season without putting water in it. Then I had one of those crazy dreams that someone dumped booze in it. So I thought what the hell. We put 5 bottles of different flavor Pucker in it and put a battery powered blender on the swim deck and took to a float in. Needless to say it didn't take long to run her empty. Dumped a little dish soap and hot water in it and flushed out with fresh water and good as new. If I was going to install it in an AR I would go to Yamahapart.com got to boats then 2016 242S and pick either model (the last letters are just color codes)go to shower piping. Then would just buy what you need to make it look stock on the boat. The pump and tank you can get at a farm store for half the money or less. Or RV store.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought we would use ours more often but went almost the whole first season without putting water in it. Then I had one of those crazy dreams that someone dumped booze in it. So I thought what the hell. We put 5 bottles of different flavor Pucker in it and put a battery powered blender on the swim deck and took to a float in. Needless to say it didn't take long to run her empty. Dumped a little dish soap and hot water in it and flushed out with fresh water and good as new. If I was going to install it in an AR I would go to Yamahapart.com got to boats then 2016 242S and pick either model (the last letters are just color codes)go to shower piping. Then would just buy what you need to make it look stock on the boat. The pump and tank you can get at a farm store for half the money or less. Or RV store.
Damn now I need to buy a shower kit thanks @danca

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looked at the OEM and RinseKit too. Been tossing around getting one of these for the boat:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KK2MB0K/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I198F6PSVYI2J2&colid=2BDFFOD2V2EZR&th=1&psc=1 (Big Kahuna portable shower)
Goes up to 13 gallons and way cheaper than OEM - just not convinced yet.
Big Kahuna is nice I have one you can build your own for under $40 with the parts below . The 4.7 gallon is good for the whole day we wakebaord in salt water and its nice to rinse off. I leave it on the boat open the large lid and pour warm water in from a bucket it stays warm the entire day. I even rinse off the salt water after loading on the trailer, especially the brakes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A6UF4U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010DK7YKA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&
smid=A1A4WAEGJNR9ED

self sealing barb for the water line and o ring for the power . For 12v I use a jumper pack that has a lighter socket . Great item for camping and washing pets