• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any custom metal fabricators here????

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have made a couple posts in different sections about our boat and its wake board tower. We have a 2015 AR210 that has the rear sweeping tower compared to the newer forward sweeping towers. We need to get under a lower bridge every time we go out, and need to lower said tower to make it. Unfortunately there is no good way to get the tower to sit securely, and as we learned this past weekend, it will puncture the seat back cushions very easily when accidentally dropped.

Yamaha makes a bracket that allows you to lower the tower during storage, but like most everything, it is backordered with an unknown ETA. This has gotten me to thinking about a custom fabricated piece. I have gathered there are a lot of people on this forum that do a lot of different things, so I figured I would ask if there is anyone out there that would be able to help me fabricate something.

I don't have all the measurements yet, but I would figure I would start asking around first. I should be back to the lake in a couple weeks where I can look at it more closely and maybe come up with some measurements. I have attached a picture of what Yamaha sells, and would probably base the design off of that. Unless I can come up with something else that allows the tower to "sit" on a bracket, in lieu of it attaching. I am also open to other ideas. Yamaha's part number is "F2K-U1325-00-00". Or if I am lucky enough, someone has one of these laying around and forgot to give them away when they sold their boat 🤷‍♂️

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 8.55.01 AM.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HailMary Does Custom Work. He may be able to do this for you.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I work for a company that does all heavy weldment/fabrication. Get me some dimensions on a sketch of what you're looking for.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you done a post asking specifically to buy those brackets?
I know if I had that style I’d give them to you as they do nothing but get shuffled around the garage from one spot to another.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have made a couple posts in different sections about our boat and its wake board tower. We have a 2015 AR210 that has the rear sweeping tower compared to the newer forward sweeping towers. We need to get under a lower bridge every time we go out, and need to lower said tower to make it. Unfortunately there is no good way to get the tower to sit securely, and as we learned this past weekend, it will puncture the seat back cushions very easily when accidentally dropped.

Yamaha makes a bracket that allows you to lower the tower during storage, but like most everything, it is backordered with an unknown ETA. This has gotten me to thinking about a custom fabricated piece. I have gathered there are a lot of people on this forum that do a lot of different things, so I figured I would ask if there is anyone out there that would be able to help me fabricate something.

I don't have all the measurements yet, but I would figure I would start asking around first. I should be back to the lake in a couple weeks where I can look at it more closely and maybe come up with some measurements. I have attached a picture of what Yamaha sells, and would probably base the design off of that. Unless I can come up with something else that allows the tower to "sit" on a bracket, in lieu of it attaching. I am also open to other ideas. Yamaha's part number is "F2K-U1325-00-00". Or if I am lucky enough, someone has one of these laying around and forgot to give them away when they sold their boat 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 164470
Could you not make them from wood? I'm envisioning two pieces of wood just bolted (or screwed) together with holes in the right place.

A member near me needed tower storage brackets for his 242X and I just made a couple to match my metal ones out of wood. Admittedly won't last as long.....but worked fine

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could you not make them from wood? I'm envisioning two pieces of wood just bolted (or screwed) together with holes in the right place.

A member near me needed tower storage brackets for his 242X and I just made a couple to match my metal ones out of wood. Admittedly won't last as long.....but worked fine
I probably could, but these are not necessarily for storage, and more for raising and lowering the tower when I go under the bridge. Plus I think it will feel more "OEM" if they are out of metal, as I envision them being more of a permanent feature on the boat.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you done a post asking specifically to buy those brackets?
I know if I had that style I’d give them to you as they do nothing but get shuffled around the garage from one spot to another.
I have not done that. My initial thought is to ask in the classifieds, but I am not sure if it gets as many views as say the general section or the model specific section. Where would you recommend I post to get the most views?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have not done that. My initial thought is to ask in the classifieds, but I am not sure if it gets as many views as say the general section or the model specific section. Where would you recommend I post to get the most views?
Put it in classifieds under "Wanted To Buy".

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The downside of using the brackets is that you have to undo all four bolts and remove the arched bar and then attach the brackets with all four bolts.... and then turn right around and undo it all..... and then do it again when you return. I lower the tower on my AR190 to store in my garage and just wedge a bumper near the hinge where the tower folds down on each side. That seems to work well. That wouldn't work for transport, but if all you need to do is lower the bar to get under a bridge (presumably while on the water), this might be a simpler solution.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not sure if I can rig something up with the OEM bracket that would allow them to be apart of the support arm or not. And then when I lower the tower, I can put the knob/pin in there for a temporary hold.

Otherwise I will try and get something custom made that will do that. Will be down at the lake next weekend, and can take some measurements and play around with it.

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not sure if I can rig something up with the OEM bracket that would allow them to be apart of the support arm or not. And then when I lower the tower, I can put the knob/pin in there for a temporary hold.

Otherwise I will try and get something custom made that will do that. Will be down at the lake next weekend, and can take some measurements and play around with it.
I'm curious as to how you're currently "lowering" the tower, and where these brackets would go. Not being familiar with the '15 AR210, it looks like the tower is attached at four places, is that correct? Couldn't you remove/replace the rearward fasteners at "A" with a thumbscrew, and then tip the tower forward to get under the bridge?

Attachments

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
these towers fold back/down. What we do, is undo the threaded knob that is just above the wakeboard holders in the photo. The support arm with the wakeboard holders pivot forward. Then the tower lowers down.

Sometimes the tower will rest against the lower knob of the support arm, other times it will rest on top of the seat back cushion with a towel. If it rests on the knob, we risk it sliding off and as we learned, puncturing the seat back cushion.

It would be great if the bracket could be apart of the lower support arm knob, or have some sort of larger bumper to allow the tower to rest on it.

When I get some photos, I think it will make a lot more sense as to what I am trying to describe. Just need to wait until next weekend.

I think if I knew what I know now, I might have passed on this boat, and gotten one with the forward sweeping tower that has the cable stops. Not sure if it would be better, but in my mind I think it would be a lot easier.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think if I knew what I know now, I might have passed on this boat, and gotten one with the forward sweeping tower that has the cable stops. Not sure if it would be better, but in my mind I think it would be a lot easier.
I've lowered my forward swept tower on the water a few times. It's no better. You have to take the bimini down to fold it forward, and when you do it's directly in the way of the driver/captain. Can't see, and it's REALLY close to the wheel. Still a PIA on the water.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've lowered my forward swept tower on the water a few times. It's no better. You have to take the bimini down to fold it forward, and when you do it's directly in the way of the driver/captain. Can't see, and it's REALLY close to the wheel. Still a PIA on the water.
so I should have gotten a boat without a tower. lol. Got it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so I should have gotten a boat without a tower. lol. Got it.
I think the rear folding tower is better for on the water folding to be honest. At least it stays away from the drive while down.

Wonder if we could figure out how to get a linear actuator in there and make it a power folding tower?!?! :D :D

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the rear folding tower is better for on the water folding to be honest. At least it stays away from the drive while down.

Wonder if we could figure out how to get a linear actuator in there and make it a power folding tower?!?! :D :D
Challenge accepted