• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any idea what might cause tach needles to read 0 with engines running? (pic)

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have 2016 242LS. Occasionally the tach gauges will show 0 but the engines will be running as shown in this pic on the Connext screen. Usually there is an error message when this happens. Turning the engines off and on always fixes the problem. It does have the original batteries with 3-4 seasons on them. Perhaps the batteries are going bad? Usually there is some type of COMM error message but the last time was an AUDIO UNIT OFF error message.

Attachments

ggreen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Open your engine hatch and look for two of those snap plugs on each side. They are in the corners near the rear seats. Disconnect then reconnect and push them in to make sure they are “seated” well. I have had this on the gps antenna puck too and have given me errors. These thing vibrate loose l guess and it’s worked for me. Maybe it will resolve the issue. Greg

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happened to me for the first time last week. Only happened once.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Open your engine hatch and look for two of those snap plugs on each side. They are in the corners near the rear seats. Disconnect then reconnect and push them in to make sure they are “seated” well. I have had this on the gps antenna puck too and have given me errors. These thing vibrate loose l guess and it’s worked for me. Maybe it will resolve the issue. Greg
Thanks for this suggestion, I will give that a try. It seems to trigger if I start the engines quickly after turning them off/on when pulling a tuber, etc. How long are the original batteries in these boats good for?

ggreen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have Napa batteries and l got 3 years on the deep cycle and l’m about to replace the starting b/c it’s slow to start unless it’s fresh off the charger. That’s heavy Florida Keys saltwater use. I would say just change them out after 3 years and your less likely to get stranded.