• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any Jeep/Off road Guys in Here?

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else dabble in Jeeps or rock crawlers on here? I have been Jeeping just about my whole life and have run a couple fabrication shops in the past manufacturing parts and doing custom builds. I currently have a built XJ for the trails and a daily driver XJ. I also recently bought a bone stock 89 YJ that i have been gathering parts for as well. Plans are: 6.0L LQ9 (cam and heads), TH400, SD60 front, 14B rear, Atlas case, 43" stickies, etc.

I also run a small business now selling parts and doing installs/builds for friends and local guys. if you need any parts, let me know!

Post up your Jeeps or crawlers!

Attachments

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can’t really claim to be a rock crawler since I haven’t put it to the test much, but my 4Runner is somewhat capable. I put a 3” Icon Stage 2 lift on it with 285/70/17 General Grabber A/Txs. Would LOVE to throw in a supercharger eventually, winch, aftermarket front and rear bumpers, etc...I can go on and on lol. 26E93A46-ABE0-454E-9FCB-C92BCCA9418D.jpeg692B795E-1F32-45BF-B73C-C807A15393E4.jpeg5FFE0A97-F96E-4B7A-A98E-B5E7863E442F.jpeg

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Anyone else dabble in Jeeps or rock crawlers on here? I have been Jeeping just about my whole life and have run a couple fabrication shops in the past manufacturing parts and doing custom builds. I currently have a built XJ for the trails and a daily driver XJ. I also recently bought a bone stock 89 YJ that i have been gathering parts for as well. Plans are: 6.0L LQ9 (cam and heads), TH400, SD60 front, 14B rear, Atlas case, 43" stickies, etc.

I also run a small business now selling parts and doing installs/builds for friends and local guys. if you need any parts, let me know!

Post up your Jeeps or crawlers!
Have a 94 yj 4.0 auto put lots of time and money into it due to previous hack jobs that had to be undone. It Is now road worthy.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t own a Jeep but have been on two jeep jamboree trail events (Rubicon and Moab) and am scheduled to participate in my third (Rubicon) this August if it isn’t cancelled due to corona virus concerns. My bother owns an ‘89 CJ (I think) and has modified it for trail use. I will let him know about your shop but think he is pretty much done modifying his rig. We have not yet had to use the jack or winch and hope we never do.

F1FA4D0E-80DA-4052-89F6-16F7C9DB38CA.jpeg

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't rock crawl, but I do some light offroading.

Wife's new JLU that we picked up a couple weeks ago, my JT and the kid's Rene.

20200526_171055.jpg

It's not squatting, the front wheels are on a downhill.

20190608_121615.jpg

20190622_124959.jpg

Scored a soft top this spring.

20200405_131837.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never owned a Jeep, but have friends that do. Does that count?

Wife wants to look at a 4-door Jeep. She wants a 4wd convertible, so it's either Jeep, or luxury brand (Audi/BMW/Mercedes). I kep trying to talk her into a 2006 Audi RS4 convertible, but she keeps saying 4dr Jeep. Clearly two different personalities there. I think she wants to pull the boat, and let me pull a camper, but I'm not 100% convinced on that plan yet.

We rented a jeep on our Honeymoon in Florida. First time she had been in a vehicle with no doors. Was interesting to say the least, but she got used to it pretty quickly. We'll see what shakes out.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had two Rubicons (JLUR and JKUR) before getting into Raptors. Several trips to Windrock in my JKUR.

E7DDAEC3-8DAB-4986-8B37-B9C52C5C5D90_1_201_a.jpeg20170729_164827.jpeg_DSC0690(1).jpeg

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wrangler owner. Headed to a gladiator. Don't do much off road other than on my own property. My area is tough - not a lot of off roading options. IMG_7420 (1).jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Used to be big into offroading. Had a couple XJs I built and sold. I have a JKU that's basically a kid hauler now. I needed something bigger to tow the boat, so the wife inherited my wrangler. She's in love and when the time comes wants another unlimited.

Hauled the boat surprisingly well. I installed airbags to help with the steel bumper anyways, with those I never had any sag, sway, etc. I regeard with yukon gears to 3.73s from my stock 3.21s. Glad I didn't go to 4.10s since she no longer hauls the boat. Perfect balance for the larger tires.
20190621_195356.jpg

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Used to be big into offroading. Had a couple XJs I built and sold. I have a JKU that's basically a kid hauler now. I needed something bigger to tow the boat, so the wife inherited my wrangler. She's in love and when the time comes wants another unlimited.

Hauled the boat surprisingly well. I installed airbags to help with the steel bumper anyways, with those I never had any sag, sway, etc. I regeard with yukon gears to 3.73s from my stock 3.21s. Glad I didn't go to 4.10s since she no longer hauls the boat. Perfect balance for the larger tires.
View attachment 122317
Should have went 4.53s and 35s! :)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Should have went 4.53s and 35s! :)
I'm beyond the work it takes to keep a modded jeep going. HAHA! This is about as "big" as it's gonna get. I won't even lift another vehicle again. Those days are long gone.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Owned a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk. It was heavily modded. Took it amazing places with other built wranglers and always got looks when I was able to do exactly what they did with no drama. lol
Everyone said it wasnt a real jeep though. Put 35k miles on it in 2 years before I traded it in. Never had an issue. Thank goodness for good tires and rock rails.
I now lease a basic 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Its cheap and tows the boat. Cant find anything else 4wd that tows 6200lbs for a better price than the grand Cherokee. Its basic, but that's why we leased. It's in need of a major redesign. Basically looked the same since 2011. lol But its got the essentials like tow pack, heated seats, sunroof, 4wd, etc.

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a JK on 35s that doesn't get to see as much dirt as it used to since we got the boat.

1591983428328.png
Still on 32s here.

I now lease a basic 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Its cheap and tows the boat. Cant find anything else 4wd that tows 6200lbs for a better price than the grand Cherokee. Its basic, but that's why we leased. It's in need of a major redesign. Basically looked the same since 2011. lol But its got the essentials like tow pack, heated seats, sunroof, 4wd, etc.
I really hope the '21 redesign doesn't change it much. I think the WK2 is the best looking SUV ever made.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't have a Jeep (yet), but the wife wants one. I'd like our second vehicle to have the ability to move the boat around.

I have a 2019 AR195. From what I can tell, the Wranglers have a 3500 tow limit, which is likely below the boat+trailer with a full tank of gas or gear. But I see several people in the pics above towing similar boats. What do I need to look for / spec out to get a Wrangler that can also tow my boat short distances?

My house is about 1 mile from the lake over flat terrain, although the road to the ramp is downhill. For any longer distance towing, I would use another vehicle.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a JK on 35s that doesn't get to see as much dirt as it used to since we got the boat.

View attachment 122323
Still on 32s here.

I really hope the '21 redesign doesn't change it much. I think the WK2 is the best looking SUV ever made.
I will say it has aged very well.
If I were to do it again, I would have gotten the 2020 limited X. But its all good. Only 2 more years and I will turn it and and probably buy a truck. Never owned a truck but now that we have a boat and a puppy it would be nice. They are just so expensive

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't have a Jeep (yet), but the wife wants one. I'd like our second vehicle to have the ability to move the boat around.

I have a 2019 AR195. From what I can tell, the Wranglers have a 3500 tow limit, which is likely below the boat+trailer with a full tank of gas or gear. But I see several people in the pics above towing similar boats. What do I need to look for / spec out to get a Wrangler that can also tow my boat short distances?

My house is about 1 mile from the lake over flat terrain, although the road to the ramp is downhill. For any longer distance towing, I would use another vehicle.
Get one with the max tow. That at least has 3.73 gears and all the electronics for it(tow harness and such). Unless you get a rubicon in which case it has 4.10's already.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I think you would be fine to tow one mile. 3500 is the limit

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to see some other Jeep guys here! I am currently working on a build for a customer/buddy of mine. It's a 2012 JKUR that's getting a full Rock Krawler long arm system, Artec truss/gussets/brackets, RCV 300M shafts front and rear, Adam's extreme duty 1350 driveshafts and flanges, 5.13 gears and 40" Pro Comps on Dirty Life beadlocks. Should have it done in a couple weeks and i'll post pictures when its finished. I recently finished up a full build on a set of JK Rubicon axles that are being swapped into a friends XJ. I'll post some pics of those as well!

cdjeeps25

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
60D37002-1511-4E87-811F-3324928C997A.jpeg
Two jeep owner here. My stomping ground were western Colorado and Moab. Right now I’m living in California, my WJ has been to broken to do the rubicon.