• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any Jeep or Dodge mechanics out there?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anybody a Jeep or Dodge mechanic? I’m trying to diagnose a blower motor problem and searching the internet has not helped at all.

Last edited:

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And if anyone knows how to edit titles to a thread, that would be great too...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At the top of this thread when logged in you should see a tab that says thread tools click that then hit edit title.

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is anybody a Jeep or Dodge mechanic? I’m trying to diagnose a blower motor problem and searching the internet has not helped at all.
Hey have you figured out your blower motor problem yet? If not what kinda help are you needing? I own a shop and can probably help you figure it out.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My girlfriend’s daughter’s 08 Jeep Liberty blower motor stopped working. I took it out and unplugged the connection. I plugged it back in after tapping the motor a few times. Now it is on full speed all the time unless the key is off. Even when the blower switch is in the off position. It has the auto climate... just trying to see where I should start to diagnose what is wrong.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Most likely it is the climate control head, blower speed, temperature control, and mode selector. Should be 1 piece for all 3 . They are known for going bad in the early to mid 2000s

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most likely it is the climate control head, blower speed, temperature control, and mode selector. Should be 1 piece for all 3 . They are known for going bad in the early to mid 2000s
I forgot to add, even when I disconnect the wires that go to the controls, the blower motor still runs. Is there a computer that controls it all, or is all built into the dash panel?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Chrysler products use a Tipm in place of a conventional fuse block. It controls a lot of the electronic systems. Look for the Blowere motor fuse or relay under the hood and remove the relay or fuse. It may reset the blower

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey I forgot to get back with you Monday but I looked up some info today and the most common cause would be the resistor and pigtail. You can test it with an ohmmeter at the resistor . There should be continuity between all terminals of resistor

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for gettin back! What is the pigtail?

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The plug in at the resistor is known to melt. That’s what I meant by pigtail.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK thanks!

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
X2 on the resistor/pigtail being bad.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just be careful to get the right part as some of the Auto Climate equipped vehicles used something that was less of a resistor and more of a blower motor controller. Same function and same failures, just a slightly different part. Also, check the amperage draw of the blower motor at all speeds as high current draw by the blower motor was/is a commonly undiagnosed cause of the blower controller/resistor failure.