• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any of y'all do PC gaming?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just wondering if there are people on here that game on PC? If so what do you play? Are you on Steam or other apps for gaming? Surely I can't be the only geek on here :D.

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a PS4 as well but it just collects dust these days. I use it primarily for blue-ray movies. Also have an old Xbox 360 but it never gets played. I went through like 3 of those things due to the old red ring of death lol.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just wondering if there are people on here that game on PC? If so what do you play? Are you on Steam or other apps for gaming? Surely I can't be the only geek on here :D.
You don't think my username has to do only with going fast do ya?
Starcraft, Starcraft 2 were my bread and butter games. I had a long stint of COD but we had a really cool group of 30+ year old people (girls too) so we could have our conversations without the kids on there (ps3) but now I play league of legends about 4 times a week is all.
Also Clash Royale on my phone, lol

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pre kid (late 20s and early 30s) i was online with my friends from highschool monday thru thursday night from 7 to 9. Started with doom and need for speed, played ashrons call and last was the first or second generation call of duty. We were all heavily involved in customizing and over clocking our pcs so we had all the cool accessories. I knew i had to slow down when i got to work one morning and assumed the gaming position.

Pretty much stopped altogether when my son was born and i got into rc toys and boating a lot more instead just something i could work on alone and/or when everyone else was asleep. Now there are gaming clubs and rc clubs where i work but i havent been motivated to join either. One of my coworkers just bought a $200 keyboard and im still scratching my head over that but things have changed since i was into it. We had steering wheels with separate pedals, liquid cooled cpus, dual graphics cards, high defintion mice, programmable key pads, etc. since that time My family has had or still has the first xbox, wii, xbox one and now wii u over the past 10 years but life has been busy so ive only played the latter two systems a handful of times.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I started pc gaming back in the early to mid 90s. With a gateway computer that had a 450 meg processor in it... then i bought a dell with a monster 750 meg processer in it! It was a beast... lol. I pkayed a game called fighter ace... ww2 style dog fighting game.

Then i went to xbox 360... my kids still have a few of them... and we have 2 xbox ones... destiny is prob the last game i spent any real time on just playong with giys from work... before that a large group of adukts would get together and played cod when it came out....

Destiny 2 will.prob be my next gane at christmas and maybe the new cod ww2 game.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I️ used to play BZ Flag pretty heavily 6-7 years back. I’ve got no time anymore.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PS4 here but not much time for fantasy, reality is way more rewarding and fun.

Years ago i was heavy into M$oft Combat Flight Simulator and flew online with many online friends. Was a lot of long sleepless nights.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
gosh I'm surprised no one has said they played tribes, I hated those LPB's . Me and my dial up. Spent a lot on the latest modems just to lower our ping. Lol I just downloaded it to see it again.
StarsiegeTribesBox.jpg

I am buying my youngest a xbox x for xmas (and birthday)

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I had the money to have a suped-up PC, I'd be a PC gamer, but I settle for the PS4. (In a similar way, if I had the money, I'd have my own airplane. Instead, I settle for a boat. ;) )

I've always enjoyed gaming. It's what I do with my downtime. (I'm not much on just "sitting and watching" something unless I'm dead-tired so TV and movies don't really "do it" for me.) I normally play regularly when the weather gets bad (maybe an hour or so at night before bed) but not as much during the summer months.

As of late, I got hooked on Elite: Dangerous. I bought it for the PC (my machine can just barely run it) and then bought it again for the PS4. I also just recently started fooling around with Rocket League - that game turned out to be way more addicting than I expected.

I'm eyeballing Destiny 2 (getting a lot of pressure from the boys on this one as we all love to play Destiny) and the latest COD. Of course with Star Wars Battlefront II coming out in a few days it's going to be tough to decide where to spend my gaming dollars.

I'm also still debating PSVR but I'm afraid of having a console-priced piece of equipment sitting in a cabinet with the cord wrapped around it until the end of time.

I dunno, video games has just been something I've always done. I attribute my engineering degree and my troubleshooting skills to the hours I spent fooling with config.sys and autoexec.bat files back in the early 90's trying to get joysticks and sound cards to function properly with the latest game I had acquired. (The more floppies it was on, the more excited you were to load it up. I remember one that came on 7 3.5" floppies. Boy, was THAT an exciting afternoon of loading software.... :wacky:)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I had the money to have a suped-up PC, I'd be a PC gamer, but I settle for the PS4. (In a similar way, if I had the money, I'd have my own airplane. Instead, I settle for a boat. ;) )

Sucks settling don't it?;)

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still got my Atari 5200 and original Nintendo , Nintendo 64, many PC's, sega Genesis, 32x and sega CD, Xbox, 3 - 360's, Xbox one, PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and 4 and a bunch of handhelds. Yes we're a family of vidi-its as my sister says. Oh and 2 46" tv's just for the game systems with multiple wireless headsets. Waiting for the kids to move out so they can take it all with them. My wife and I got big in to borderlands.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I've always enjoyed gaming. It's what I do with my downtime. (I'm not much on just "sitting and watching" something unless I'm dead-tired so TV and movies don't really "do it" for me.) I normally play regularly when the weather gets bad (maybe an hour or so at night before bed) but not as much during the summer months.

As of late, I got hooked on Elite: Dangerous. I bought it for the PC (my machine can just barely run it) and then bought it again for the PS4. I also just recently started fooling around with Rocket League - that game turned out to be way more addicting than I expected.

I'm eyeballing Destiny 2 (getting a lot of pressure from the boys on this one as we all love to play Destiny) and the latest COD. Of course with Star Wars Battlefront II coming out in a few days it's going to be tough to decide where to spend my gaming dollars.

I'm also still debating PSVR but I'm afraid of having a console-priced piece of equipment sitting in a cabinet with the cord wrapped around it until the end of time.

I dunno, video games has just been something I've always done. I attribute my engineering degree and my troubleshooting skills to the hours I spent fooling with config.sys and autoexec.bat files back in the early 90's trying to get joysticks and sound cards to function properly with the latest game I had acquired. (The more floppies it was on, the more excited you were to load it up. I remember one that came on 7 3.5" floppies. Boy, was THAT an exciting afternoon of loading software.... :wacky:)
You sound like me lol.

Oh and hello to a fellow CMDR. o7

I jumped in Elite Dangerous during its beta period before launch. It's a very relaxing game. I also backed Star Citizen a few years ago and can't wait to play the upcoming 3.0 patch where we get to go down on a few moons and do some missions. I'm a bit of a space junky :D

One thing I love about Elite is the 1:1 scale of our Galaxy!

Last edited:

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
used to be WAY into PC playing flight sim. but when we moved into the country, we lost good internet, never really played online after that. Now, don't even use a PC except at work..

Only xbox one now. My 10 yr old and I play FIFA as a team. we get demolished but its amazingly fun. Older boy loves battlefield 1, rainbow six. He played through Fallout 4 about 5 times. I would just sit and watch him. CRAZY good game. and semi realistic in its concept. The opening is ridiculous, and scary. On rare occasions, Ill "rage" on GTA 5 to release the anger lol IE: steal a bus and jump it off a mountain. Or try and land a plane on a train... no time for competitive. Just for fun stress relief, I suggest it if you haven't.

I find the xbox one to be a fantastic console, fairly close to PC in its feel. just waiting for flying games to hit. Ace Combat comes out in January i think?

Really, I have always played games.... but it has never been my main focus.. Basically, just always played any Soccer games that come out. played every fifa game since 1998. Now, Lately, Ive been noticing, my older son, 14 now, drifting a bit(normal teen, not problematic). Not much he and I share in common. So iv'e been making time every week for him to "teach" me how to play these newer games. He set me up on battlefield 1 a few weeks back and had a laugh at my expense. What I learned from his "teaching" A: video games have come a LOOOONG way since my old atari. B: i really suck at them. ( having to watch your back 360 degrees or you get sniped). it's stressful lol I ended up with 64 deaths, to 7 kills :oldman:

Missed out on a lot of gaming development in those formative years.....

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

hilarious. all this. totally me almost 100%. i remember on our homemade windows 95 machine Dad and I built out of spare parts.... loading jetfighter 2 -manually running "autoexecbat" files to get it to start and recognize the joystick! And wolfenstein.... good old floppies! spend an hour getting a program to run, just to play for a half hour! HAHAHA not long ago at work, we had an old OCE' printer that the memory went corrupt.. It ran on windows 98. funny part Its UI only had a floppy. NOBODY in our company had a floppy drive. BUT, still had mine at home. went home, snagged it. installed into a work pc to download the software from the Vendor just to get a floppy to the printer.. LONG day LOL

Younger boy took a "coding" class. i was excited to share that with him. he opens his mac. shows me... me: "ummmm. you don't even have to type anything?!" kids these days will never know the struggle of manually typing out all your drives and folders and bat files. :)

In the summer time, by the time there's free minutes to play, its usually time for bed... its all boating, coaching soccer, or motorcycles for me. Winter, Ill play sometimes after the kids head to bed.

your post just took me down memory lane, i enjoyed it.

:thumbsup:

EDIT: wow. found this gameplay vid. I remember thinking JUST how realistic the graphics were. LOL!

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, this brings back memories. Late nights in the back bedroom flying missions in Chuck Yeager's Air Combat or Falcon 3.0...

To be honest, I got into PC gaming (starting with an Apple IIc) for the sole purpose of flight simulation.

Flight Simulator 2.0 from Sublogic was where it all began for me:
upload_2017-11-16_11-22-52.png

F-15 Strike Eagle was another favorite:
upload_2017-11-16_11-23-48.png

Moving on to the PC world I spent a WHOLE lot of time playing X-Wing:
upload_2017-11-16_11-26-0.png

I think the reason I like Elite:Dangerous so much is that it has some mechanics that are very similar to the old X-Wing series (which were actually likely borrowed from the original 1984 version of Elite since x-wing came out 9 years later).

I missed a few games along the way, but I was there for many of the "ground breakers": I played the original Castle Wolfenstein on the Apple:
upload_2017-11-16_11-30-29.png

I was there for Wolfenstein 3D (the Great-Grandfather of 3D shooters)
upload_2017-11-16_11-33-43.png

followed closely by the Father of 3D shooters: Doom!
upload_2017-11-16_11-34-36.png
I was 22 years old when Doom was released in 1993. To this day it is the ONLY game I've ever played that gave me nightmares - I'm talking the kind where you wake up hollering. Yeah, it was THAT good.

And don't even get me started on Civilization. I had a pirate copy of the original and have purchased every version since (I'm waiting for a Steam sale to pick up VI). I blame my could-have-been-better GPA in college on that silly thing.

It's a good thing I had these time-killers though. I may have gotten bored and decided to take over the world otherwise... :D

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
wolfenstein 3d..played ALL the time. It creeped me out. open a door. nazi dogs! LOL Doom was insane! I was 18 and graduated in 1993. :) just got done taking my programming class on the Apple IIgs.. man.... your photo of flight sim 2.0 just brought me back!

but most time i spent as a kid before that..was probably on a commodore(i think) playing choplifter. i loved that game.

those were fun times... Dad worked right down the street from the Atari factory as a kid. His friends were moonlighting writing games. I had just about every gamer pirated...just the board...and a piece of plastic to grab onto.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never been a PC Gamer outright. Used to play Unreal Tournament with some buddies at the office on Friday afternoons to blow off steam. Bought a PS3 when they were first released for the BluRay Player in it. Ended up with Gran Turismo and got totally wrapped into that. Had a steering wheel, shifter, pedals, and a metal frame with a seat from a Grand National. Dismantled that when we moved into the new house a few years back. Also REALLY got into Portal for awhile. Sadly I can't operate two joysticks at the same time to save my butt, so I never got past a certain level and gave up. The 6yr old thinks it's neat so I might try again here soon.