• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any other Members in Hawaii

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha fellow Jetboaters

I just was wondering if there is any other members that live in Hawaii? I live on the Island of Kauai, and hoping to hook up with other members if there is any. Please hit me up, and if any other members are planning to vacation here let me know...

Mahalo nui,
Rueben

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Were you affected by the volcanoes? It's not in the news anymore. Did you see anything?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Honeymooned in Hawaii. A week on Oahu and a week on Maui. Can't wait to get back there.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Honeymooned in Hawaii. A week on Oahu and a week on Maui. Can't wait to get back there.
Same here! Back in 1990 we went to Waikiki and Maui. Would love to return.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Rueben!

--

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @rkim808 we are in the early process of moving to the Big Island. I private messaged the members in Hawaii on the member map about their thoughts on taking the boat or not. Would love to hear your thoughts on it. Oh and welcome aboard!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Aloha fellow Jetboaters

I just was wondering if there is any other members that live in Hawaii? I live on the Island of Kauai, and hoping to hook up with other members if there is any. Please hit me up, and if any other members are planning to vacation here let me know...

Mahalo nui,
Rueben
My wife and I spent a couple weeks (honeymoon) on Kauai in 1999, absolutely loved it. We have been talking about getting back there ever since but haven't managed to. This year being our 20th year anniversary we are talking about taking a trip there this fall. Still just talk but hope it works out this year.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you affected by the volcanoes? It's not in the news anymore. Did you see anything?
I’m on the opposite side of the state. The Big Island of Hawaii where the active volcano of Kilauea is far from me. The only thing we see here from the volcano is the VOG.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @rkim808 we are in the early process of moving to the Big Island. I private messaged the members in Hawaii on the member map about their thoughts on taking the boat or not. Would love to hear your thoughts on it. Oh and welcome aboard!
Aloha @Scuba_ref theres a few Yamaha Jetboats here in Hawaii. I have a 2001 LS2000 and just purchased a 2015 AR240. My family is so excited about the bigger boat, that’s set up for surfing. But yeah just let me know if u have any questions and I’ll try to answer them for u.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aloha @rkim808. Although we live on the other side of the world now. My wife grew up in Honolulu and spent alot of time on the Big Island at her grandfathers/family ranch, the Parker Ranch, before...Hau'oli to have you on board.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rkim808 Sent you a private message with some questions, thanks!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @rkim808. Although we live on the other side of the world now. My wife grew up in Honolulu and spent alot of time on the Big Island at her grandfathers/family ranch, the Parker Ranch, before...Hau'oli to have you on board.
Mahalo nui, glad to see that there r some Hawaiian roots members here. I know there’s only a few of us here in Hawaii with Jetboats, well compared to the mainland. On the island of Kauai where I live there’s maybe 4 Yamaha’s and 2 Seadoo’s, and I own 2 of the Yamaha’s lol. So yeah not to many of us here. Glad to be a part of this family, mahalo nui (thank u very much) for all the warm welcomes and all the knowledge.

Aloha no,
Rueben

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seen a guy with a youtube channel and a Yamaha 190 i think, but i goes he's not a member.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about to start a petition to ban you @rkim808 11 posts and not one picture of your beautiful paradise!

Of course you boat in the ocean, not many lakes on Kauai, how often does the wave condition keep in off the water? do you have to stay on the protected side of the island?

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about to start a petition to ban you @rkim808 11 posts and not one picture of your beautiful paradise!

Of course you boat in the ocean, not many lakes on Kauai, how often does the wave condition keep in off the water? do you have to stay on the protected side of the island?
On the island of Kauai we have the Wailua River, which is the largest in the state. But nothing like the rivers up there in the mainland, it would considered a stream lol. But I take the kids and family wakeboard, kneeboard, and tubing. Soon wakesurf and wakefoil too. Then I go out in the Pacific Ocean all the time to fish and dive. So going through 2-4’ chop is normal here, the fish like it a little bumpy anyways lol. Then of coarse if conditions is really nice, like to shoot cross over and island hop to Niihau the “Forbidden Island” next to us. Being born and raised in paradise has its advantages...🤙🏽

Attachments

msmahalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Aloha fellow Jetboaters

Mahalo nui,
Rueben
Aloha Reuben,

We live on the Windward side of Oahu and my husband and I are seriously considering buying a Yamaha LS2000. We would be using it primarily to take it to the Kaneohe Sandbar, but being able to possibly take it to other parts of Oahu would be great. We are just starting to research that. I think it's very inspiring that you are able to take your boat to Ni'ihau across the Kaulakahi Channel! I'm so glad to have found this post (and this forum) and it makes my husband and myself feel more confident about taking the plunge with this boat.

I grew up in boating central in the Chain O'Lakes region of Northern Illinois, near the Wisconsin border, then lived in Northern California for 22 years before we moved to Hawai'i in January 2018, after more than a decade of dreaming about it. We were married on Anini Beach (Kauai) in 2005 and have been to literally every single town on each of the major Hawai'ian islands several times in the past 14 years, researching where we wanted to end up living. We live in Kailua, and we love it, but if our jobs enabled us to live on a smaller island, Kauai would be our first choice. Either way, we are Lucky We Live Hawai'i. 😊🌈

If we have questions in the process of seeing about buying the LS2000, would you mind if we contacted you? 🤙🏼

Mahalo,
Melissa

Last edited: