• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any plumbers out there?

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a dock at the lake of the ozarks. I don't have water on the dock, but I would like a small pressurized hose just to wash the boat using the lake water.

My idea is to put a sump pump in a bucket that had holes punched in it to allow water in, and secure that to the dock when it was in use.

My question is...how many hp would that sump pump need to be to hook up one of those expandable hoses to? Would I need to reduce the sump pump water out to gain additional pressure to hook up the hose? If so, what would you recommend?

Again, I just want enough pressure to rinse the boat for washing...so not much pressure is needed.

Of course, if anyone has any better ideas, please advise.

Thanks,

Bill

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have power at the dock to run the sump pump?

I used this Flojet 03526 144A Water System Pump to power the shower on my boat. The best price I could find was from http://www.zoro.com/i/G1155113/?category=5772 for $46 shipped.

We have been using it to wash off the swim deck and find that it works well. It weighs less than 3 pounds. You could mount it inside the boat and have a portable wash down or mount it on the dock. I would want to add a filter (screen) to the intake if I were pumping lake water.

Last edited:

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes, I have power at the dock.

That is awesome and cheap.

Question...does a hose just connect to that pump?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The pump I used is a 12 volt pump for the shower. You could adapt it up to a water hose. I used 1/2 hose to connect the shower head.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran 240' of 3/4" copper tubing to a dock for a client in Discovery , Ca. It would have been cheaper to use a pump to use the delta water but that would have defeted the purpose since he wanted to wash the delta grime off.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I went wither the flow jet. I did a test run in my front yard tonight and it worked well.

Of course I would like more power, but you get what you pay for, and I didn't want to pay much more than this.

Thanks again @Bruce.

jtink

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you mount a shallow well pump in there with a pressure switch and run a line down into the lake with a check valve so you don't loose your prime. You can run the out let of the pump to what ever you want out there. Hose faucet, sink faucet.