• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any suggestions on a CRC Salt Terminator mixer replacement?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
OKAY I am so tired of this CRC mixer leaking everywhere and not really sure if the right amount of CRC is being flushed through my engine. Has anyone found a good replacement, before I buy the same old leaky mixer from amazon?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t know the competive merits of Salt-Terminator v. Salt-Away but I’ve had the Salt-Away Dispenser for 3-years no leaks but occasionally need to watch that the screw top o-ring gets seated properly:

http://www.anglerscenter.com/boat-accessories/cleaning-maintenance-supplies/salt-away-products?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyvXPBRD-ARIsAIeQeoFHd0btZW9xB4xzUYEKtN5nvi4VAnL3RP7PLbq_v-crpHpKj4eVZ5waAtOEEALw_wcB

Don’t know if the above is the best price, just pointing out the Dispenser I use and have been happy with ... after 3-years doesn’t leak.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post! I was thinking of the SaltAway kit, don't remember the Terminator setup.

@FLBulldogger There is a thin black o-ring that is very easy to lose - in that kit. Let me know if you need a picture.

Salt-away is fantastic, the active ingredient is sulfamic acid, plus some detergents and who knows what. I do not believe there is a viable alternative as good as sulfamic acid for the job, especially if you can buy it bulk price.
I’m lazy so I get it from West Marine, use it quite often even though I’m in fresh water. I use a very simple setup, and don’t think the lack of water coming off the pee hole is an issue, as several already stated, as long as you have it flowing out the jets.

Sulfamic acid is a fantastic cleaning agent, I first fell in love with it back in the day when I was a home brewer! It’s used in so many applications for removing rust and limescale/descaling, rather than the more volatile and irritating hydrochloric/muriatic acid, which is however cheaper.
Sulfamic acid has most desirable descaling properties, and is essentially non-toxic (if you worry about your lawn and kids/pets).

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like you don't have the o-ring in place. Like swatski said it's very easy to lose. I use a salt away kit and it never leaks so long as the o-ring is in place.

Last edited:

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks @swatski and @haknslash @Ilmmct and I went out and looked over the mixer and the o-ring inside the mixer had actually broken so I guess I will be reordering the mixer.

Last edited: