• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Any thoughts on Flexiteek?

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
This stuff looks pretty legit; has anyone had any experience with in on our types of boat? My step father in law has it on his 41' sail boat and swears by it. Says its kinda heavy, but its more like rubber than foam.

http://www.flexiteek.com/

Wow, that stuff looks good to me!

The biggest issue I see would be the patterns. The other types already seem to have most of our boat patterns complete. I would imagine that it would be pricey to have them develop. Just a guess. BUT the stuff looks awesome. I would be curious also of how well it holds up in comparison. Have you looked into any costs yet?

I'm guessing this is not a soft product like hdro-teak or seadeck. I liken it more to composite decking like trex.

I found some on Ebay for $38 a square foot. That is crazy expensive!

A few years back when building my work yacht we investigated using this product because real teak is troublesome to maintain for those who like it light brown in color. The constant cleaning with Snappy Teak and sanding become very time consuming. We ordered samples and were blown away by the look and durability, that was until we had it sitting outside on the aft deck comparing it to the real stuff and noticed how freaking HOT this stuff got in the sun. It may not get too hot for you Northern guys but the Florida sun makes this stuff so hot you can barely walk on it -- in fact you have to run! Teak can get fairly hot too but not as hot as this rubber. This product is best used on a boat that people are wearing shoes like a fishing or tour boat.

I heavily looked into it last year. I decided that to get a professional quality look that stuff was best done by a professional installer. On top of the already expensive cost of the product the cost of labor would prob drive the price through the roof. It does look great and seems like it would hold up better than our current flooring options, but I did read that the stuff gets very hot.

A few years back when building my work yacht we investigated using this product because real teak is troublesome to maintain for those who like it light brown in color. The constant cleaning with Snappy Teak and sanding become very time consuming. We ordered samples and were blown away by the look and durability, that was until we had it sitting outside on the aft deck comparing it to the real stuff and noticed how freaking HOT this stuff got in the sun. It may not get too hot for you Northern guys but the Florida sun makes this stuff so hot you can barely walk on it -- in fact you have to run! Teak can get fairly hot too but not as hot as this rubber. This product is best used on a boat that people are wearing shoes like a fishing or tour boat.
So it is a rubber (how soft) and not a hard plastic material like trex decking?

Im waiting for a call back from a local dealer. I would be concerned about it getting too hot though...

@JWPrendergast Get a 2 square foot sample and test it out.

@jetboater4life It is not soft to the touch like hydro turf or seadek but its pliable in sheet form.

Back