• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Gantlin Products, the creator of the WAKE WEDGE is currently running a Group Buy for those of you that want a better, cleaner wake to surf behind your Jetboat! This Group Buy expires on April 1st, so get your order in ASAP to jump on this once a year discount on the Wake Wedge. The discount could go as high as 15% off!

(You can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Any tips or tricks to getting a 242 in the garage?

Ratings
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks or gadgets they've come up with in order to get their boat in their garage. I currently keep my 242 Limited S in a warehouse but eventually want to bring it home every once in a while. I have 8' doors on the garage. I think if i remember correctly that the winshield is 8' tall on the trailer without the wake tower. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Ratings
3,139 39
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 tricks I know if you only need a couple of inches. FYI - These tips don't work on your man parts.
1. If you have an adjustable hitch, drop it as low as it will go when backing into the garage.
2. Lower the air pressure in the trailer tires when backing into the garage. Don't forget to refill the tires in the garage.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Lover
Ratings
205 10
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There's an extensive post I had for getting my 212X into my 8' garage from 1 year ago - search for it.

I highly doubt you could get the 242 through an 8' tall garage opening, considering my 212X literally clears it by a gnat's nut hair. All this while the bimini is completely removed and the tower's retainer wires removed.