• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anybody see the meteor shower this weekend (Dec. 13/14)?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not much on astronomy but my last few years in boy scouts has me looking up a lot more lately.

Saturday night I was told we were going to go look for meteors as my 10yr old daughter has been anxiously waiting for this weekend. We headed out to @txav8r 's back yard at Lake Ray Roberts State Park (Johnson Branch) about 730p and stayed until about 9pm. I was fully planning on only seeing one or two little ones if any but to my surprise we saw about 15. Some were short and only for the blink of an eye but some were quite long going about 1/8 to 1/4 of the sky and very bright lasting a full second or two. It turned out to be a very worth while adventure.

coincidentally, last month I took the girls camping and we just happened to see this meteor while sitting at the campfire. It was so big and bright I thought it was a flare or somebody shooting fireworks until a few days later when I read about it on the internet and saw this video.

I was hoping to, love watching these, but it has been cloudy/misty/rainy for the last week. So no chance for seeing anything above 5000 ft. here. Glad they put on a pretty good show for someone this year!

I did when I was at the car lot. Very Cool!!

Back