• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody use a Ronix One Wakeboard?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just bought a Ronix One ATR Carbon on Amazon for $209 (deck only) kind of on impulse. I have never been on a Ronix board before, but from what I have heard, they are kind of the premier wake board manufacturer. I currently ride a Hyperlite Agent, but I bought it for my wife and I to share and I am right at the maximum weight it was designed for so I have been slowly shopping for a new board for me.

If anybody has any positive or negative feedback about the board before I open it and ride it I would greatly appreciate it so I can decide if I should keep it or not.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a Ronix One ATR Carbon on Amazon for $209 (deck only) kind of on impulse. I have never been on a Ronix board before, but from what I have heard, they are kind of the premier wake board manufacturer. I currently ride a Hyperlite Agent, but I bought it for my wife and I to share and I am right at the maximum weight it was designed for so I have been slowly shopping for a new board for me.

If anybody has any positive or negative feedback about the board before I open it and ride it I would greatly appreciate it so I can decide if I should keep it or not.
Looks like it's up to you to open it, ride it, and give us all feedback. . . . = )

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ride a ronix one. I LOVE it. Only advice is to change the longer fins it comes with to something shorter that allows the board to break free easier.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ride a ronix one. I LOVE it. Only advice is to change the longer fins it comes with to something shorter that allows the board to break free easier.
Btw....mine is a 2010.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Btw....mine is a 2010.
The fins the board comes with now are pretty short. .08" A lot smaller than the fins on my hyperlite. Probably half of my Hyperlites. I wasn't a huge fan the first time I rode, but got out on it last weekend and was having a ball. I have been only using my Hyperlite Remix bindings so far, but hoping I can get out tonight and swap to my One bindings too. Thanks for the feedback!

COtoFLsurf

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ronix One is solid, as OpROL says smaller fins are better, but if you are able to break your's free already (for surface tricks) then all good. I often ride mine without fins which makes cutting a commitment but huge forgiveness when landing a bit off-angle.

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I ride 2015 Ronix District and love it, the feel of the board way better than our other Liquid Force boards the kids ride.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't let the fin size fool you. We are surfing with huge quad set of 4.5" fins and can break them loose for spins. Cam.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don't let the fin size fool you. We are surfing with huge quad set of 4.5" fins and can break them loose for spins. Cam.
I have a feeling the 10+mph difference makes a great deal off a difference. I think catching an edge or a fin at 11mph is a totally different story than 25mph and is much more forgiving. That said, I did not do any force calculations on 4.5 inch fins at 11mph vs. 1.5" fins (I think my Hyperlite has 1.5"ers) at 25mph and if I am to be honest with myself, I am not that great of a wakeboarder and only have minimal time on a surfboard, so that could have a "little" to do with it.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our hyperlite has the 1.5" fins but we find it is just as easy to spin the boards with the larger fins. With no fins it is kind of scary, as the board is just as happy to go sideways. 2 fins or 4 fins did make a difference but not as much as you would think. Originally we thought the 4.5 " fins would not spin, but they do. The board style may make a diff too. This is all at 15 km/h. Cam.