• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone added the back rest to the leaning post?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Seems like it'd be a nice addition for those of us with the base models. I'm guessing it comes with the brackets as pictured here-

1_2.png

About $500 to the door. The actual seat cushion has a different part number between the 2 which has me on the fence. Could be over $1000 if it doesn't include the brackets and the lower cushion is different. Definitely not worth that to me. Anyone else looked into this?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just looked at that, Part Number is F3M-U3796-00-00 $445 from Yamaha Sports Plaza.

I bet the difference in the seat cushions is the FSH has a plain all white cushion, the Deluxe and Sport have gray on the sides.. Without being able to see both side by side (my dealer does not have any in stock) you would just need to make sure there is the indentation for the arm..

F3M-U142E-00-00 Deluxe/Sport White/Gray?
F3M-U142E-10-00 Base All White?

Actually the Seat Base is different part # too...

F3M-U3712-00-00 Deluxe/Sport
F3M-U3712-10-00 Base

Last edited:

Anthony_bonanno83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I was looking to add the back rest as well. Couldn't find the part at all until now. I am definitely considering putting it on my fsh. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks guys!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been hemorrhaging money on some project cars lately, but I'm definitely gonna look into this more soon. Maybe someone with a deluxe/sport can take some up close pics where the backrest mounts?

FishingGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Has anyone ended up adding the backrest? How did the install go? Any other parts needed? Did it function the same as the two classes above, flipping. I’m having trouble locating the proper part numbers in an attempt to add the backrest. Thanks