• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anyone close by their 240/242....need a measurement

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just found out the wife ordered me a new cooler for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone could measure the starboard area stock cooler location. Really need the opening width under the seat, and the height. I doubt this thing is going to work but I have my fingers crossed.

I can't measure the area, but I can measure the cooler that fits nearly perfectly into it. Will that be okay? My boat is shrink wrapped for the season, but the cooler is in the garage.

@sysinu .....sure....and what kind of cooler is it? I have the one that comes stock, but looking to upgrade. I know a lot of members use the soft sided coolers from AO, but I prefer to stick with a hard cooler if possible.

Did you get a measurement @redthumper9 ? My 240 is in the barn. But I filled the stock cooler hole with a filler to make the compartment level. What measurements do you want? I have an appointment in a bit so if I don't hear back it will be this evening before I can get it for you. I assume you want length and width of the opening of the compartment, and the height from the floor to the top of the compartment opening. I can tell you from having made the floor filler, that the dimensions are not uniform. The floor to top are different in front than in back, as is width. If you are replacing the cooler with a non stock cooler, you will probably not find that it fits, as the cutout in the floor is going to be the dictating limitation. And that cutout is sloped on all 4 sides as well, so the opening is really smaller than that cutout as it has to sit down all the way in the recess. I hated that cutout, that is one reason I filled it in, the other is that I needed a level surface for the subwoofer enclosure to sit on.

@txav8r ......my first concern is the opening under the seat. After that, it would be the height from the bottom off the cutout and/or the height from the floor. I'm not super concerned about it fitting in the cutout, but if it does, I guess that would be a bonus.

I can probably get the measurements after X-mas. We were supposed to be there now but we are both sick and just hanging in bed. I can also get the original cooler measurements if that is helpful.

Actually guys, thanks, I was able to make a trip to where my boat is a few minutes ago and took the measurements myself. As expected, what I was looking at will not fit. The search continues....may have to go soft sided after all.

Back