• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone compare a 24' vs. 25' back to back

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now that the 25' have been out for a while, I'm curious if anyone has experienced the 25' and the 24' boats to do a back to back comparison. Is the handling and stability much different between the 2? Also, there was a lot of talk on the swim platform redesign - how to they compare in real life usage?

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
These are answers the owners of 2020 24x boats don't want to hear ;)

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I kind of wish I traded in my '18 242x on a 255x but I did not care for the colors this year. We are into red and black.

bgmatth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a 2011 242 LS. The original color is Blue. Do a boat wrap. My wife loves the boat but wanted it in Red.

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love my 2018 242 lse. But I do have boat envy on the new ones.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I currently have a deposit on a new AR250. Something the dealership can’t answer is if it comes with a filler cushion where the walk through is. I know on the AR240 it did and on the upper end 25’ it comes with both a backrest and filler cushion. The Yamaha website shows that as a seat for the AR250 but I can’t find any photos or videos of it to confirm.

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It so happens we looked at one at the NYC boat show two weeks ago, it does not appear to have the cushions
1644381850155.jpeg

unlike 255x(E or D?) that had cushions and sliding backs (no picture, sorry); the 255 x... (don't know which) looked AMAZING. (I want.)

--

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I currently have a deposit on a new AR250. Something the dealership can’t answer is if it comes with a filler cushion where the walk through is. I know on the AR240 it did and on the upper end 25’ it comes with both a backrest and filler cushion. The Yamaha website shows that as a seat for the AR250 but I can’t find any photos or videos of it to confirm.
I'm considering the AR250 as well, and noticed the same thing. Their seating chart shows a seat, where there actually isn't one. The 252s do have the middle seat however.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I'm considering the AR250 as well, and noticed the same thing. Their seating chart shows a seat, where there actually isn't one. The 252s do have the middle seat however.
I spoke to Yamaha on the phone and confirmed it does not come with that middle seat. The dealership told me if I bought the lower seat cushion ($143) they’d install the snap for me. It was $3600+tax to replace the rear seats to get the slide in rear cushion. I’m not doing that.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I spoke to Yamaha on the phone and confirmed it does not come with that middle seat. The dealership told me if I bought the lower seat cushion ($143) they’d install the snap for me. It was $3600+tax to replace the rear seats to get the slide in rear cushion. I’m not doing that.
What about the seat back? On the 252s it slides into grooves on either side of the existing seat backs.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What about the seat back? On the 252s it slides into grooves on either side of the existing seat backs.
250 dont come with those it has some kind of marine matt also doesnt come with under water seats, basically buying a car without power windows, all joking aside , is a strip down version of the 252. some people cant justify the upcharge on a 252se and buy the 250 thinking they can add all the extra features you cant. maybe the read cushion and the underwater seat and middle cushion but someone already said about $1500 just for the middle seat? i dont think so.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I understand the the 250 is the base model and doesn’t have near the features as the 252 models. BUT, I think it’s asinine it doesn’t have the seat cushion. Lol. The AR240 had it. The 19’ and 20’ AR models have them. I think it’s crazy that Yamaha added 6” of length to the AR240 but yet took away 2 seats, but that’s just my opinion.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Their website is terrible too, in pretty much every way. I like their concept of buying trim levels, I have Honda and Toyota cars and trucks, and that is how they sell their vehicles. However, it would make a lot more sense if they had a chart listing all that is included in the base model, then show the progression of added features as you move up the trim levels.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
250 dont come with those it has some kind of marine matt also doesnt come with under water seats, basically buying a car without power windows, all joking aside , is a strip down version of the 252. some people cant justify the upcharge on a 252se and buy the 250 thinking they can add all the extra features you cant. maybe the read cushion and the underwater seat and middle cushion but someone already said about $1500 just for the middle seat? i dont think so.
I don't need underwater seats, but would like to have full U shaped seating at the stern. I don't need a tower either, digital throttle control would be nice, but my current boat doesn't have it, and works just fine. So a "stripped down" model pretty much fits my needs.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The ride is night and day the new hull worth way better than the 242, the swim plat only thing is the step is higher to accomodate the walk thru, and the sliding back are amazing.
I'll be curious to drive one. The hull is 6 inches longer and doesn't look any different than a 24' boat. The only mention they made about the hull I can find is: "A new hull design tracks with precision at all speeds " - and that was buried in the SX verbiage.

I hope it is better....but not seeing it when I looked at them. Guess I'll have to drive one!

1645897701841.png242X-Blue_Blk-Profile_01.jpg

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Their website is terrible too, in pretty much every way. I like their concept of buying trim levels, I have Honda and Toyota cars and trucks, and that is how they sell their vehicles. However, it would make a lot more sense if they had a chart listing all that is included in the base model, then show the progression of added features as you move up the trim levels.
If you click on “view all boats” you can compare up to 3 boats and see all the differences.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'll be curious to drive one. The hull is 6 inches longer and doesn't look any different than a 24' boat. The only mention they made about the hull I can find is: "A new hull design tracks with precision at all speeds " - and that was buried in the SX verbiage.

I hope it is better....but not seeing it when I looked at them. Guess I'll have to drive one!

View attachment 172083View attachment 172084
The bow rides its higher at wake speeds and when just standing in the water. regardless i had both 2019 242 and 2021 252se and i can just tell the difference in the ride, i been around boats my whole life. And probably only a handful here had done the Bimini trip in both boats old hull and new. one of the thing that bothered me on the 2o19 was how low the bow rode at idle. is it completely new or completely redesign? who know but i bet you they had to do make brand new mold for the 250 series not just had a plug for extra 6 inches. the way i see it a new mold cost a lot of money why not had some new tech to it?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can definitely see the bow is much higher when looking at the 2 next to each other.
The 252 looks level from the windshield to the bow where the 242 dips down