• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone done a fixed Bimini top?

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my original bimini top on my AR230 is on its last leg. I had to leave it up the other week while moving after a rain storm and the wind broke half the zippers and tore it in a couple of places. I was going to just get a new one made at a canvas shop but then I started thinking about how nice it would be to have a large fixed top like the newer 242’s have. Has anyone done it or know of companies that can do that?

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the Big Air Super Shadow Bimini Top from inboardsonly

I have it installed as far forward as possible and its great to have shade all the time, especially while cruising. The canvas takes about 5 minutes to take off and maybe 10 minutes to install.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks exactly like what I am looking for. Thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just thinking of something like this, my stupid 230 poles bent, I bought a used replacement and they had the same issue, even worse,

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
20200730_163047.jpg
Aerial freeride tower with the bimini that goes with. Had a local seamstress modify slightly to be a bit easier to install.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 132324
Aerial freeride tower with the bimini that goes with. Had a local seamstress modify slightly to be a bit easier to install.
With the factory tower on my AR230 I am guessing doing one over the top will be better. I think one like yours will hang too low. I already hit my head in the tower speaker cans at times

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Attached is a photo of the Big Air before we commited to the position and cut the hole for the wake tower.

2020-09-04.jpg

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Attached is a photo of the Big Air before we commited to the position and cut the whole for the wake tower.

View attachment 132433
that looks really good, I think that is what I am going to do. When you cut the hole how do you finish the edge to keep it from ripping around it? I would imagine since it is wider than the standard bimini it keeps rain out of the boat also? The factory bimini basically funnels it in.

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They provide a template and a plastic grommet that gets superglued and pressed (hammered) together.

Havent experienced weather with it. It provides good coverage for the cockpit but we do wish we had something for the swim deck. I've been eyeing an AnchorShade for the swim deck.