• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone familiar with Greenball Towmaster ST Special Trailer Radial Tire

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the original Carlisle Sport Trail LH Bias ST 215/75D14 tires on my 2017 Shoreland'r trailer and have been looking into replacements. I've had boats for a long time, but this is my first time replacing the trailer tires. I've been reading reviews and watching videos about the best tires and such and I gotta say, ignorance has been bliss!! I just hauled my boat 2.5 hours down the interstate to a dealer for some warranty work I'm now scared to pull it home on the original tires! LOL!

Honestly, the stock tires have been great for me, but the tread is getting low on all of them. I trailer the boat a solid hour each way every time I go. I'm definitely going to get radials this time, but I'm surprised how much all these tires cost. I'm a huge Costco fan and had an excellent experience buying a set of Michelins for our Pathfinder. Do any of you have experience with Greenball Towmaster Special Trailer tires? Load range is D and speed rating is M with max load rating at 2,200lbs. These tires have excellent reviews online and have a great price, even after being installed by Costco. $390 out the door. Not bad!

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When I bought my boat 6 years ago, it had "brand new" Greenball tires on the trailer (21' 212X). After one tow, one of them developed a huge bulge. I couldn't find these tires in Canada (I purchased the boat from a guy in Michigan), and I didn't want to have unmatched tires, so I bit the bullet and replaced all 5 (including the spare) with Goodyear Marathon tires. I had great luck with those on a prior boat.

However, this weekend, during a 300km tow, I realized I had really bad vibration from one of the tires (port side rear). Looks like a belt may have let loose as there is a big bulge on the tire tread (not the sidewall). Looks like the Goodyear Marathon have been replaced by the Endurance series now.

Anyhow, YMMV, but I'd stick to something brand name. After the bad experience on essentially a brand new tire, I didn't want to chance it.