• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have a Bow/Aft Sunshade installed on their FSH?

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I want to order something like this: Amazon.com : North East Harbor Boat Sun Shade Top Extension for Biminis & T-Tops - Adjustable Height with 1 1/8 Telescopic Aluminum Poles, Gray : Sports & Outdoors

for my FSH, but have not been able to find too many that are specifically made for the 210. I've seen some rigged up versions but no links and the posts are from years ago. Has anyone purchased or installed a sunshade that they would recommend? I'm interested in both, but covering up the front would be more of a priority with a young kid.

Thanks and adding a photo of one I found, but am not sure what brand.

Attachments

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
wow, I missed that "DIY FSH210 shade" post. impressive!

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
$140 bimini. Covers the entire front. About 6'4" of head clearance. Can run the boat with the bimini up.

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love the Amazon option. Easy to stow away. Would just need to figure out how to mount on the bow section of the boat

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yes I was hoping someone had this installed so that we can see actual photos. my fear with any of these 3rd party options is that the shade will be a few inches too long and will not be tight and look all floppy!

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll take a look tomorrow but I don't recall there being any rod holders that far forward to support the post. Also I'm wondering if that fabric is a stretch style fabric?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah there isn't anything built in to support them up front, like you said, but I do like that idea. Seems like something that would need to be taken down under power though.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For sure. This would be simply an anchor shade. Which is all I'd be looking for.

kristenlee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I want to order something like this: Amazon.com : North East Harbor Boat Sun Shade Top Extension for Biminis & T-Tops - Adjustable Height with 1 1/8 Telescopic Aluminum Poles, Gray : Sports & Outdoors

for my FSH, but have not been able to find too many that are specifically made for the 210. I've seen some rigged up versions but no links and the posts are from years ago. Has anyone purchased or installed a sunshade that they would recommend? I'm interested in both, but covering up the front would be more of a priority with a young kid.

Do you know the measurements of the sunshade? The link you posted is sold out. We are thinking of ordering from Oceansouth, but worried about ordering the wrong size. The Amazon link is sold out , but says it’s 67x67. Thanks!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My size 4 from OceanSouth came yesterday (since they are only 10 miles away from me). I mocked it up today. If Fits good over the top but blocks the light and the Rod Holders. I want to be under so will probably need to add some groments to secure better underneigh. Here are my pic

Attachments

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh snap. Ordered it!

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm utterly shocked, I just got shipping notification for it!

SAA_Woodstock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm utterly shocked, I just got shipping notification for it!
I got my notice of shipment today as well. Funny thing though, I live about 3 miles from Yamaha in Kennesaw Georgia where it ships from. I should get it tomorrow.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine came today. I really like the composite poles. The shade itself is a mesh material that I’m not super excited about. I’ll probably sew up a canvas version eventually to replace it. But all in all it’s a nice add on.

Attachments

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine came today. I really like the composite poles. The shade itself is a mesh material that I’m not super excited about. I’ll probably sew up a canvas version eventually to replace it. But all in all it’s a nice add on.
The "mesh" is prob by design since wind can easily move through. I went with the straight canvas type fabric (Ocean South) and the non permeable fabric catches the wind. Over time it ripped out one of my rod holders.