• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone here have a Polaris Slingshot?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just curious if anyone has a slingshot. Looking at getting one but curious how soon the fun factor and newness will wear off or if you still love it. Any issues? I've been browsing user forums and everyone seems to love it. Trying to convince the wife to get rid of the snowmobiles and get another summer toy, sleds hardly gets used with crappy winters.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My friend that just moved here from Massachusetts is getting one. He currently has a goldwing and wants something to make him feel young again. Since when we ride we call him grandpa(he is 50) with no grandkids.
I got 2 grandkids and drive a supermoto and FZ1.lol

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got one when they came out and sold it the next spring. Personally it was not fast enough. I have 2 mustang's that are way faster and for that matter my truck is as well. Handling is good. If you are a speed freak it is not for that. You can turbo one but you start doing that stuff you might just start looking for a used t rex

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got one when they came out and sold it the next spring. Personally it was not fast enough. I have 2 mustang's that are way faster and for that matter my truck is as well. Handling is good. If you are a speed freak it is not for that. You can turbo one but you start doing that stuff you might just start looking for a used t rex
Most T-rex i have seen or worked on were pieced together junk and i wouldn't be caught dead in one. Cause you probably will die in one driving it.
Very rudimentary and tough to maintain.
If it has reverse it wont for long.
Scary fast and unstable.
It wont survive even a light crash.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just Looking for something fun for me and the wife as she won't get on a motorcycle. Not looking for speed just cruising around.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get a Jeep Wrangler. No top, no doors, heck fold the windshield down and wear sunglasses. Its not a motorcycle but they're a lot of fun.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have had an r6 motorcycle back on the day and that was a lot of bike.
2 mustangs under my belt as well.
I want to wrench on my own factory five shelby cobra. Low like that slingshot but fast like a mustang. If i were to build right now i would use the ecoboost from the raptor. I love turbos.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
x2 on the jeep wrangler as another alternative which for me was like having a boat that I could use all of the time. Another option would be a motorcycle trike but she may not want to get on one if she doesn't want to get on a motorcycle.

This is my first season with my Yamaha FZ8 motor (and CBR600RR) and my boat has taken a bit of a back seat.... There isn't a day that goes by that I don't take my moto out for a ride and it takes care of the "fast factor". You definitely have to be mature to keep it less risky. This may get old also but I am afraid it may not....

I was in a motorcycle dealer yesterday and saw the slingshot. I was wondering the same thing but reading the above, it is no longer on my list.

Go drive a jeep with the top down; I preferred the 2 door with the 1/4 doors for ease of taking the top down and popping the doors off. Good luck

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They look cool but I feel I would get bored of it, I really don't feel they are worth their price tag either. Fully-loaded and tricked out they can push 40k... they are also about as quick a v6 Camry. For 40k I would much rather have a bad-ass jeep toy... plus you could use that all year long.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Takes up the room of a car in the garage. And you have to wear a helmet in it while driving in a helmet state.
They look cool but not for me

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When i was down in Cape Coral we saw a Slingshot that had been in a wreck. It was so badly damaged I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of it. I've responded to some bad wrecks throughout my career, so Im pretty sure this one was a fatal. Changed my whole view on them now. Few days later I saw a Mahindra made Jeep CJ knockoff called the ROXON that Sun Powersports was selling for $16k. Its not MSO'd for the road but people are buying them and registering them anyway. No crashworthiness at all. I guess both are safer than being on a bike and getting hit by a car/truck/SUV...but not too much.