• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

anyone know how to locate sprinkler valves with Gen Eye transmitter

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was going to try to do a good deed and help my neighbor with a bad sprinkler solenoid but we can't locate the valve. I was going to rent a normal transmitter that seemed easy enough to use but when they brought it to the counter they found out it wasn't working correctly so they gave me a higher end model usually used for utility lines but it was supposed to do the same thing.

I can't make it work and the instruction manual is very limited along with youtube's from the mfg.

Just throwing this out there hoping to be able to do something with it tonight, maybe @zipper or @Mainah

The transmitter is a gen eye G3 (with only an on/off and hi/low frequency button) and the stick is a gen eye hot spot locator,

I believe I have the transmitter hooked up properly, grounded and to the valve line at the control box and it has a loud constant hum from the transmitter. I'm looking for the line but even finding it on the outside of the wall is difficult.

hot spot manual http://www.drainbrain.com/instructionspdf/Gen-Eye Hot Spot Instructions 8-13.pdf
pictures to follow from my phone in just a minute,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20170907_180204.jpg 20170907_180130.jpg 20170907_180055.jpg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never used one of those. Good luck.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Scottintexas Funny this topic came up today, as I was thinking on renting one today to find an overflow line for one of my drilled wells. Sorry but I do not have any personal knowledge of using those yet. I am more of a apple branch divining rod kind of guy. You may have better luck with @Mainah.

Edit: guess I did not type fast enough to beat the previous post.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for taking a look at it, hopefully the cheaper model (from another store) will work better tomorrow

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length