• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone live at Smith Mountain Lake (SML)

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife and I plus 13 and 4yr old currently live in Harrisonburg. We’ve rented a summer house for 2 years at Anna to determine if we are full time “lake people”. Wife says let’s move to water!! While we love Anna we want to consider SML since we have many friends who frequent there and absolutely love it! I don’t want to turn this into an LKA vs SML post. Figured this would be a good place to get more details on the area. Preferred areas to live on the lake etc? Hang out spots. We plan on visiting for a few weeks this summer to get our feet wet before making a final decision. Any advice is warmly welcomed. Thank you in advance!

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you considered Lake Gaston or John H. Kerr Reservoir?

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you considered Lake Gaston or John H. Kerr Reservoir?
We make lakefest every year and have some friends in Clarksville. While I love the lake it's a bit more rural. Unfortunately.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We make lakefest every year and have some friends in Clarksville. While I love the lake it's a bit more rural. Unfortunately.
My experience at SML was that it was more rural than Lake Anna. When we go to LKG we like the rural aspect, but we are only a few miles from South Hill and civilization.

natocamp55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi, We just bought a condo at SML last year, we love the views and lake. The motto is " Stay a night , stay a life time" lots on restaurants/bars. There is also SML bridge water plaza for the family, We take the boat there a lot. PM me if you have any other questions about SML

Home - Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce

Mariners Landing

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi, We just bought a condo at SML last year, we love the views and lake. The motto is " Stay a night , stay a life time" lots on restaurants/bars. There is also SML bridge water plaza for the family, We take the boat there a lot. PM me if you have any other questions about SML

Home - Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce

Mariners Landing
Hi, saw this post and hoping you can make some rec's on where to launch our boat? We will be staying in a house on the water, down Hwy 711 , or Scruggs Rd, coming from the North Shore side. We hope to keep the boat in the water, but will need the ramp a few times . Thanks for any info !

natocamp55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi, If you are on the black water side I would try Crazy Horse Marina or they do have a public ramp its called scruggs #8 boat ramp. Hope you have a great time on the lake!

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My Sister in Law and her husband just retired there. They love the lake and the surrounding area. We are always on a flood control reservoir so I find it super appealing that their water level does not fluctuate more than a foot.

While it is kinda rural, it is only 15 or 30 minutes from Roanoke and there seem to be plenty of restaurants and such near the lake.