• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone local to Pittsburgh?!?!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Goingto be travelling to Pittsburgh on business all next week. Driving up in the truck on Monday morning, and was debating on taking the boat with me. I'm going alone without any coworkers, so I'll be bored stiff in the evenings, and thought there might be something interesting to see by water while there.

I'm staying in the "West Homestead" area, but can't find any boat launches in the Pittsburgh area to get the boat in the water.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/boating-in-pittsburgh-2707851 <--That site says there are 4, but I'm not seeing them on google maps.

Any thoughts from anyone local? Is it worth dragging the boat up there for the week, or is it a waste of fuel?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm local but I boat south of Pittsburgh. There's a public launch in an area called Southside Riverfront Park which is a few miles from Homestead. I would not want to trailer a boat in and around Pittsburgh especially not knowing the area.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m right on the Mon. Plenty of ramps. Hanging out around the point (where the 3 rivers converge) is pretty good. The river is usually brownish in tint and we don’t swim in it much. As soon as I get a breather I’ll get the ramps on a map for you.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like ripler said, this will be your best option for a ramp.

8F595EA0-D729-4AF8-BBA0-E6B948A6CD7E.png

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will you be staying somewhere that you can keep a boat on a trailer?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be at a Marriot hotel. I'm sure I can get the boat into/out of the parking lot. Doubt there will be an issue with it sitting in a parking spot while I'm working during the day. Will call and confirm with the hotel if I decide to take it with me.

I'll be up there for 4 nights. Probably be able to boat two of them, have business dinners the other two. Think it's worth taking it with me? Figure fuel cost is going to be about 25% more to take it with me (15mpg vs 20mpg), although the company is paying $0.54/mi so my fuel is easily covered either way.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It might be more trouble than it’s worth for two evenings of after work boating on the river. I’ve got a really full schedule the next 2 weeks or I’d offer you and ripler to meet me at the dock. No boating for me till September.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wife had the same thought. Lot of work for just a little time on the water.

We'll see how I feel on Monday morning when I leave.

Thanks for the info and the invite. I'll be up that way a couple times a year now it seems. Started a new job in April, company has a subsidiary in Carnegie that I've been working with closely. Could be as often as quarterly I'm up there.