• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone looking to buy boat audio?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought my new MasterCraft with the base radio on purpose knowing I would be upgrading. I am looking to add 2 REV10s, a REVO 12" sub w/grill and a SYN-DX6 amp. I shopped locally and no one would offer a discount. I chatted with the people at Creative Audio's online store and they gave me about a 14% discount on my order and they have a promotion going on where if you buy certain items you get 2 Babz balls bumpers which are 40.00 each. With their discount I saved about 436.00 and the have free shipping.

So if anyone is looking to buy Wetsounds or any other manufacturer try Creative Audio

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to know, how exactly did you get the discount? Just asked in the chat if they had a promo code?

Looking to get an amp and a couple tower speakers myself.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I asked the guy in chat if he could offer a discount, I was surprised because not many sellers will offer discounts on Wetsounds. It would have been less if I didn't have to pay sales tax. He sent me a PayPal invoice with the discount.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They have pretty good deals on refurbs.. I bought all my stuff from them and it was like new.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They have pretty good deals on refurbs.. I bought all my stuff from them and it was like new.
Agreed. I bought my Refurbished Sound bar from them.

Use the coozie they sent me every time we're on the boat it seems.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you like your sound bar? I was thinking of going the amplified route just to get something easy on the tower for when we’re anchored on the beach. The regular speakers don’t do much to get sound out of the boat.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Had a great experience with Creative Audio. Bought a 10” JL sub last Sunday and paid extra for 2nd day shipping so my installer could get it in before the end of the week. My order was flagged because the shipping address did not match the billing address and I was instructed to call on Monday. I had an early flight on Monday for work and wouldn’t be able to call until after lunch and was worried that it would not get out the door in time. I sent an email asking if there was a different way to authenticate the order and about 10 minutes later I got an email from James Taylor at Creative Audio - on a Sunday. He asked that I take a photo of my drivers license and email it back. I did as requested and my order was released about an hour later, shipped Monday, and arrived Wednesday as planned.

This is the kind of service that will keep me coming back to them for future audio needs.

Last edited:

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same here, creative audio has been a great experience buying a combo of new, used and refurb items. They will work with you on pricing, their staff is awesome.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought my speakers from them on eBay and they usually have a make offer option which I used and was able to get a nice discount that way . Started low and worked up.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wonder if they sell (and discount) JL amps????
They do, they'll even discount the refurbs if they have them in stock. CreativeAudio is fantastic to deal with, picked up 2 JL amps and 4 pairs of JL speakers over three orders (including one refurbished amp, and the discontinued speakers) - they were already below MSRP and discounted more.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you like your sound bar? I was thinking of going the amplified route just to get something easy on the tower for when we’re anchored on the beach. The regular speakers don’t do much to get sound out of the boat.
Sorry man, just saw this. I assume you were asking me as well :D :D

Anywho, we love the soundbar. It throws enough sound out behind the boat that we can listen to the tunes while at anchor and floating off the swim platform. It's loud enough that I've been asked to turn it down more times than I care to admit (my wife, and buddies wife both don't like loud music). It has NO bass output at all. (8) 4in drivers, and (2) 2in tweeters will do that, I wasn't expecting much though.

We went with the internally amplified version. 300watt class D amp in there if I remember right. Again, plenty of volume with no signs of distortion even at higher levels. Installation was a breeze (once I got the tower off the boat). Ran the wires through the tower, then the hookups are super easy from there. 12V+, Ground, and a 3.5mm Audio jack for signal. It's really remarkably easy. I'm running an RCA-3.5mm adapter at the back of the head unit, and that feeds into the soundbar.

Two small gripes about it. It has it's own power and volume controls. This is good and bad. Good because you can run the stereo without it, and just have the regular speakers. Bad because you have to turn it on, and select the source each time. It's two button presses, but, well it's two extra button presses. Once on, the volume scales with the head unit, so only one volume adjustment controls the whole system. It also allows you to turn the main or the bar up and down independently. So we can throw some sound out the back, and not deafen the people in the boat, if that makes sense.

Second gripe.....it whistles.....This might be due to the way I have it tucked up under the tower, I'm not really sure. Windspeeds over about 45mph make it whistle. So 30mph on water into a 15mph headwind and it whistles. Not a huge ordeal on the water, because, well, my boats slow. Trailering however it's terrible. Like obnoxiously loud. Vacation two years ago, my buddy wanted to pull over because he was following us, heard the whistle, and thought he lost a piece of windshield trim on his truck. I had a pool noodle that I strapped to it for awhile, but it blew off somewhere. Hoping to get a cover made for it this spring before we trailer 10hrs to destin.

Oh yea.....Get the mount kit. The stock mounts with the soundbar won't work with the towers because there is too much curve in the top sections. It's like $50 more, but it's worth it.