• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone mod their AR210 to remove the passenger bench seat?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I really like the AR210 and the tower on the AR210, even though we will not be doing watersports. However, I am not a fan of the passenger bench seat. I do like the helm seats in the 212S, but the 212 is too pricey for my budget.

I’m wondering if anyone has modded their AR210, removing the passenger side bench and putting in a helm seat?

If so, was there already a plate under the floor or access to put in a plate?

Did the bench removal go cleanly?

I’m thinking if I add a passenger helm seat, I will also upgrade the driver’s seat, as I would like both to swivel, recline, and have arm-rests. Maybe bolsters on both seats as well.

So many questions!

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Apologies, but I have bumped my thread.

Seems that folks must really like the bench seat!

Is the bench seat on the AR models bolted into place or can it be easily pulled and replaced as needed?

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two bolts through the back that go through the back wall sort of, you need to access them by crawling deep in the back with a socket. Then it comes right out.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought about modding mine for a seat but decided against it. The bench is nice to lay down across and the added storage underneath is great.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Seems that folks must really like the bench seat!
Is the bench seat on the AR models bolted into place or can it be easily pulled and replaced as needed?
Sorry missed this one...but just need to say that a bench or folding seat was a no-go for my wife, which is partly why we bought the 212s. I think the 210 bench can be easily removed as Hang says, and a bucket added. Try a search, I believe the retainer ring and nuts for a bucket seat is in the 210/212 hull regardless and can be drilled to install a seat. You don't say what year your boat is, so that may be factor. We thought about the AR210 (tower was a must for us too) but the 212 series adds a lot more than just a title, so we opted for it instead. But if your boat is recent, it should have the hardware to install a bucket seat right in the deck.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
One of the positive with the bench, I think it gives the boat more room and a more open feel. I have a 212S and my wife loves her caption chair but when my two sons and there buddies are with us a bench would be much appreciated. One chair is pushing $1000.00 and you still need to install and replace the carpet.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When we were looking at getting a SX210 or an AR210, the seating was a factor. I sorta wanted the tower and the wife definitely did not want the bench seat. Ultimately, we went with the SX210 as we are not going to be really using it that much; tubing mostly and only a little skiing. Anyway, the dealer quoted me 2K to acquire and install the seat. getting parts may be a problem though. The hulls are identical, but its only a metal plate built into the floor and you need to tap bolt holes. There are discussions on here somewhere to that effect of others who have install the second chair into an AR210.

Here's one for a 19X, but should be a similar process.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks to all of you for you thoughts.

We will likely start our search for a boat over the Winter. If we decide on a new 210 it will probably be an SX. One the other hand, I would definately also consider a well maintained, late model 210. If we go used, an AR210, with the seat mod would be perfect for us!

Jim