• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone Ran Speaker Wires Inside The Tower in 2015+ AR240s?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know if I'm missing any posts on that (title). I have had nothing but awful experience in the past, even wonder if I should use the Nav light wiring -- to temporarily disconnect it and use it to thread the new harness w/Nav lights and speaker wire. How bad are these towers to run wire?

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get yourself some of those fiberglass poles for running cable and wire. I still have my set from my car audio installer days and those things are a must have IMO.

Here's a set from Home Depot to give you an idea of them http://www.homedepot.com/p/Eagle-Tool-US-1-4-in-x-8-ft-Fiberglass-Fish-Rod-Kit-ETF2508/206505297?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-VF-PLA-D27E-Electrical|&gclid=CIu8hqG909ECFdgJgQodVPMH7Q&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thanks! - do you know if those will get through though? Never done that with the Yamaha OEM, but some aftermarket towers can be a mess on the inside.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know @1948Isaac did as we had talked about I remember him saying it was a pain.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know @1948Isaac did as we had talked about I remember him saying it was a pain.
Right. That's why I'm thinking of (temporarily) cannibalizing the Nav harness., LOL. I won't. But I'm just not looking forward to doing this...

--

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im curious also, want to add tower speakers down the road. If anyone did do it please share your experience/tips. Thanks!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im curious also, want to add tower speakers down the road. If anyone did do it please share your experience/tips. Thanks!
Just that you know, simple vacuum cleaner and yarn trick does not work in those towers, there are just too many snags inside.

--

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just that you know, simple vacuum cleaner and yarn trick does not work in those towers, there are just too many snags inside.

--
And to add to that the the existing wires are on the forward tube of the tower. I want to add the speakers to the bigger rear tube, so got to go thru the cross tube that connects the 2 up top.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks! - do you know if those will get through though? Never done that with the Yamaha OEM, but some aftermarket towers can be a mess on the inside.

--
I don't know how it is with the tower on the 21' and 24' boats but the one on my boat is fairly open and not a lot of obstruction. Have you looked up inside yours to see if there is any obstructions? The fiberglass poles bend real easy and are very flexible yet strong enough to push/force things through. You would have to bend one more than 90 degrees to snap it and it's all we ever used to run wires in boats doing installs. I thought about installing speakers on mine but I'd be hitting my head on them lol.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I remember correctly he said his biggest issue was where to run the wire out of the tower to the speakers I think he said there was not a real good point close to the speakers.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And to add to that the the existing wires are on the forward tube of the tower. I want to add the speakers to the bigger rear tube, so got to go thru the cross tube that connects the 2 up top.
Only the center cross tube connects through to both front and rear tubes so it gets tricky to get to the left side.

Last edited:

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the towers for the 242 LS and AR240 are the same, I ran speaker wires up the aft tube with fish tape. Drilled holes in the tube where I wanted the speakers to mount then pushed fish tape back down the tube. Took a few tries but was able to pull both wires up and out the top holes. It was tricky to pull wires out of the holes without pulling the wires off the fish tape.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the towers for the 242 LS and AR240 are the same, I ran speaker wires up the aft tube with fish tape. Drilled holes in the tube where I wanted the speakers to mount then pushed fish tape back down the tube. Took a few tries but was able to pull both wires up and out the top holes. It was tricky to pull wires out of the holes without pulling the wires off the fish tape.
Thank you, that's very helpful.
May I ask if you are using conventional braces/ brackets to mount the speakers? Rings or flat?

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski sent ya a PM on this. I have both of my rev 410s on the tower and adding led wires so have little knowledge of it. Also If you keep the tower wiring on the bar closest to bow area, you are clear all the way thru.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait I have to double check my self this weekend. I think it's the bar closest to bow area lol

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you, that's very helpful.
May I ask if you are using conventional braces/ brackets to mount the speakers? Rings or flat?

--
I used the swivel mounts from Wetsounds, so I guess they would be considered a ring or more of a clamp. They are pricey but I really liked the fact you can remove the speaker from the mount.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok whenever I get the chance, I will take a photo of how my towers are put up. But until Spring here is what it was before we adjusted them to be close to each other as I like the look more. They are on a swivel mount.

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My friend thought he was cool with that setting. Just didn't look right. Now I have them more tilted up to. Good thing with the swivel mounts, you can play around with the location of it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok whenever I get the chance, I will take a photo of how my towers are put up. But until Spring here is what it was before we adjusted them to be close to each other as I like the look more. They are on a swivel mount.
Holy cow.

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know if I'm missing any posts on that (title). I have had nothing but awful experience in the past, even wonder if I should use the Nav light wiring -- to temporarily disconnect it and use it to thread the new harness w/Nav lights and speaker wire. How bad are these towers to run wire?

--
I have tower speaker and I used a shop vacuum to suck it all through. Drill your holes and then use string in one end suck it through the upper hole. Leave enough out on the bottom hole to tie your speaker wire to and then pull the string and wire all the way out.. done.. Pretty simple.