• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone suggest a metal carport company?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thinking of getting a 14' wide X 13' tall X 26' long metal carport for the new boat. I haven't priced local but I have priced online places like carolinacarports and carport.com. Both are priced pretty similar. Carport.com uses Elephant Structures for their metal carports and Carolinacarports makes their own. Not sure which is actually better. Has anyone on here used either company before? Prices seem to be in the $1800-2000 range for what I'm looking for but would love to know if there are other places I should look into online.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash I can not speak to durability or stability of this product, but a neighbor has this product and I was impressed with the unique design and looks:

This used to be carried by Costco (circa 2015) and I see that they now longer carry the product. This is minor red flag for me since I trust Costco’s merchandising and customer sat prowess.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash I can not speak to durability or stability of this product, but a neighbor has this product and I was impressed with the unique design and looks:

This used to be carried by Costco (circa 2015) and I see that they now longer carry the product. This is minor red flag for me since I trust Costco’s merchandising and customer sat prowess.
I've ran across those while searching online as well. They look nice and modern. They just don't make one big enough for my boat :(

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dude your one of the engineering marvels of this forum ... build your own ;-) good luck with the hunt!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dude your one of the engineering marvels of this forum ... build your own ;-) good luck with the hunt!
I've loosely weighed out building it from scratch vs buying prefab and it seems to come out cheaper buying prefab metal carport. Time = money and doing it myself would take a bit of time and work on the weekends (if the weather would ever cooperate grrrrr). Honestly I'd rather be boating :D

I gotta do something quick though because coming from having my previous boat tucked away in a garage vs this new boat being outside is driving me banana's until I get a carport over it. I'll then eventually enclose the sides but plan to leave the rear and front open so wind can go through.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How about this version with some of your ingenuity to raise the one side supports high enough for the boat to fit underneath:

Again not sure of the durability for your situation, or if this gives enough boat coverage desired, but I am a fan of the looks ...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length