• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone surfing with the Aerial Surf Platform?

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looking to get back into boating next spring and am looking at Chaparral (and scarab and Yamaha/probably going jet).

Is anyone surfing behind a chaparral with the Aerial Surf Platform? What are the results and is the standard ballast enough or do you need extra ballast??

Thx

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a Chap but without the platform and ballast. Check on FB Chaparral Group if no one answers you here.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have a Chap but without the platform and ballast. Check on FB Chaparral Group if no one answers you here.
Thanks Dean. Do you surf behind your boat at all?

I’m not on facebook so thanks for replying here.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks Dean. Do you surf behind your boat at all?

I’m not on facebook so thanks for replying here.
My son does every chance he gets. My Chap has a tower with the spinning hook on top; better for skiers. I also have 4 presets built in for different take offs, skill levels and weight. Makes it very simple and consistent. Really nice feature.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My son does every chance he gets. My Chap has a tower with the spinning hook on top; better for skiers. I also have 4 presets built in for different take offs, skill levels and weight. Makes it very simple and consistent. Really nice feature.
Nice! So these boats can still be fun for the family without the ASP $ ballast it sounds like......

My issue with Chap is the wife wants a captain chair and its only available on the 2430.....otherwise the 223 might be the ticket....

I can build a VR 2430 with tower/ASP/pump-out head and the 600hp for the same price as the new 252XE that has no pump-out head option and only the standard 360hp.....although i really didn’t want to spend $70k-$80k on a boat.....

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Nice! So these boats can still be fun for the family without the ASP $ ballast it sounds like......

My issue with Chap is the wife wants a captain chair and its only available on the 2430.....otherwise the 223 might be the ticket....

I can build a VR 2430 with tower/ASP/pump-out head and the 600hp for the same price as the new 252XE that has no pump-out head option and only the standard 360hp.....although i really didn’t want to spend $70k-$80k on a boat.....
I understand the issue with the captain's chair. My wife did not like it either but does now. It took awhile but when we're at a sandbar she lays it flat and sits downs with legs fully extended looking out the back. "Comfortable" she said. So, I think she's happy. :) Chaps do cost more and although I would love to have twin 300s, I really like this boat over any of my others. I have the VRX 223. Get this with 300s and man...it's ridiculously fast. If you in the area look me up and we'll go for a spin (pun intended).

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I understand the issue with the captain's chair. My wife did not like it either but does now. It took awhile but when we're at a sandbar she lays it flat and sits downs with legs fully extended looking out the back. "Comfortable" she said. So, I think she's happy. :) Chaps do cost more and although I would love to have twin 300s, I really like this boat over any of my others. I have the VRX 223. Get this with 300s and man...it's ridiculously fast. If you in the area look me up and we'll go for a spin (pun intended).
Haha ironically we might be in Ft Meyers for Christmas (i know a couple hours from you but closer than MI-FL)...be careful what you wish for we might take you up on the offer:winkingthumbsup"

Do you have the standard gauges or the medallion screen?

I wish the vortex website did a better job of explaining the difference between the VR and VRX.....i know the tower is standard on the VRX but it would be nice to see a spreadsheet of the differences/what’s included etc. for the jump in price

I can’t use the vortex website on my iPad so i finally pulled out the old laptop to use the build function......the chap pricing is better than the scarab pricing model-to-model.....I’m not buying anything until spring (or might even wait until 2022/still trying to figure out if i should buy my second boat first which is a 24ft-26ft).....and frankly want to see all my options in one place.....the spring boat shows (assuming they are not cancelled/our fall one was).

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I stand by my offer. No worries...

I have the medallion 2 screen.

Yeah, you're right, their website kinda stinks but I did find this. Maybe this will help.?.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I stand by my offer. No worries...

I have the medallion 2 screen.

Yeah, you're right, their website kinda stinks but I did find this. Maybe this will help.?.
Thanks for the catalog!

Have you had any issue with your boat since you’ve owned it?

And is your boat the black? I love the black, but how is the black on the seats in the sun (get hot)?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You're welcome.

I don't know of anybody that hasn't had issues. This boat is all electronic and is like a supercharged crotch rocket on the water. I've had issues but luckily all under warranty. Main thing is keep the batteries fully charged and put 91 octane in it and you're good to go.

Mine is blue. The bottom cushion is all white and the backs have a matching blue stripe running across. Does not get hot at all.

1598701507141.png

1598701664285.png

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I ran into the lack of info also. At first I thought it was a glitch but since it still does it 2 months later, i guess that’s something they are not going to fix. I did a Tik Tok of 0-60 I posted in another thread.

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You're welcome.

I don't know of anybody that hasn't had issues. This boat is all electronic and is like a supercharged crotch rocket on the water. I've had issues but luckily all under warranty. Main thing is keep the batteries fully charged and put 91 octane in it and you're good to go.

Mine is blue. The bottom cushion is all white and the backs have a matching blue stripe running across. Does not get hot at all.

View attachment 131812

View attachment 131813
Do you happen to know how tall those letters are on the back? We were going to name ours and add our registration numbers and I saw how that was two separate pieces on the back side of the engines. Or that it had some trim down the middle

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you happen to know how tall those letters are on the back? We were going to name ours and add our registration numbers and I saw how that was two separate pieces on the back side of the engines. Or that it had some trim down the middle
The size is 4.6" tall x 36.5" wide and came in one piece. I prepped the surface, taped in place and peeled off the back. Afterwards I cut with a razor blade down the center for the hatch to open properly.

Purchased from Boat Lettering. Tons of different styles, formats and graphics. Good pricing too.

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is my first season with 2019 223vrx, love the boat put over 40hrs on this summer so far without any issues, I have standard guage cluster that also has the ski/wake mode for different skill levels. The boat is built well and easy to maintain I recommend getting the outer armour cover if u are towing it long distances. I also have the black and silver vrx.

Attachments

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The size is 4.6" tall x 36.5" wide and came in one piece. I prepped the surface, taped in place and peeled off the back. Afterwards I cut with a razor blade down the center for the hatch to open properly.

Purchased from Boat Lettering. Tons of different styles, formats and graphics. Good pricing too.
I will check it out. Thanks

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is my first season with 2019 223vrx, love the boat put over 40hrs on this summer so far without any issues, I have standard guage cluster that also has the ski/wake mode for different skill levels. The boat is built well and easy to maintain I recommend getting the outer armour cover if u are towing it long distances. I also have the black and silver vrx.
My first vortex boat also. Only had it a month and already clicked over 10 hours. Absolutely hands down the most fun I’ve ever had driving a boat. I am still trying to learn about it and doing my research since I’ve never had a jet boat. Brought it home this weekend and I am going to go take the interior apart to install a satellite radio. Guess I’ll see how that goes. I’m looking for a cover also. I have the bow and cockpit cover and it did really well in that storm yesterday but I want something that covers it all and is towable.

I ended up with the standard gauge cluster also and I’m pleased with it. I’m sure the medallion is nicer but I get plenty of information from the standard gauge

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You're welcome.

View attachment 131812

View attachment 131813
Haha the avatar picture is a little dark so it looked black, but WOW that blue looks awesome! Hmm, Vortex might have climbed up to my number 1 choice.....

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I ran into the lack of info also. At first I thought it was a glitch but since it still does it 2 months later, i guess that’s something they are not going to fix. I did a Tik Tok of 0-60 I posted in another thread.

LOVED the ‘shake and bake”......if I buy new I am DEFINITELY going 600hp after watching that! (Vortex charges less than a grand to jump from 500hp to 600hp, scarab charges like $4k for each jump (not to mention they start out with the twin 150’s. I think Vortex start at the twin 200’s?)

7F533874-4733-4A8B-A389-BCD13C060562.png

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Any of you guys having issues with wishing you had trim tabs to help in the chop? It seems like a complaint with the Yamaha & Scarab crew so wondering if the Vortex boats have the same issue....

Last edited:

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My 223 vrx planes extremely fast even with 8-10 over weighted Americans lol