• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Appendectomy....

Who has had an appendectomy and how long did it take to recover?

• Total voters

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not my first surgery...but definitely the most painful post surgery, curious if its just me or others had the same...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not my first surgery...but definitely the most painful post surgery, curious if its just me or others had the same...
Not me, but my wife had one and was back at it in about a week. I do remember she had some significant shoulder pain that was supposedly associated with the gas they pump into the abdominal cavity to perform the surgery.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just had mine this month lol. It was laparoscopic so 3 incisions and two weeks out of work. It took about a week to feel better, and 3 until I felt normal. The 1st 3-4 days post op were the worst. Just take gas-x and the pain meds they give you.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mine was laparoscopic as well. I'm still extremely sore but its only been 4 days...meds work for the pain but it sucks.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Agreed, it does suck and it is considered a major surgery. I imagine and hope you will be feeling a lot better by the 1 week mark.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had laproscopic as well. Mine was about to burst but in the hospital for 2 days, off work for 2 weeks and sore for a while. Oh and the gas, gave me bad bad gas

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For mine it just took time until I could stretch or lift heavy items.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes, much better, thanks! Main incision below my belly button is still healing but everything else is fine and doesn't hurt....finally :)