• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 190 vs. AR 195 msrp analysis

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Local dealer has one of each left from 2017 inventory. Outside of the AR 195 having the supercharged engine, what other items on the AR 195 warrant the $5000+ difference in msrp? Thanks

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 195 has a little nicer interior trim level, comes with bow filler cushion, has 160mm jet pump vs standard 155mm (improves hole shot and turning), goes in the 50's mph compared to the mid to low 40's, can't remember if the SX and AR 190 comes with pop out cleats like the 195's do, can't remember if radio is different. Most of the money is in the performance differences but you get a few nice interior upgrades such as the vinyl, grab handles and bow filler.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Everything Haknslash said, plus trailer brakes on the 195. The big difference is the power and fuel mileage. 190 will be around 45-46 mph, 195 will run 52-53 mph in the same conditions. If you are into modding, the 195's are capable of 60 mph with a few easy bolt on parts.

The 190 gets the best fuel mileage of all Yamaha boats. The 195 is the worst on fuel of the bunch. If you don't drive over 60 miles on your average lake day, the fuel usage probably won't bother you. The supercharged engine can really put down the fuel when you push it hard. I usually cruise around 33 mph and get 3 mpg. I saw someone on here say they are getting 3.5 mpg on the newer 195. The 190 will be around 4.5 mpg at cruise speed.

The colors on the 2017 19' models are boring to me. I would for sure wait 2 weeks and see what the 2018's look like.

I've seen your other threads, and I think you are asking all of the right questions. I'm sure you will find the right boat for you.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
18s are out on their website, different that's forsure. I would have got the 190 if it looked nicer, the newer 190s have slowly been upgraded interior wise to look like the 195s, it was only 2000k between the two when I got mine so I got the 192.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 190 does not come with pop out cleats. One other key difference is the depth finder which the 190 does not have. I miss that especially because we tow to new lakes frequently. Also, there is no hour meter on the 190. Not a big deal, but it's a nice feature to have. I owned a 2013 192 and honestly haven't wished I could go faster. The 190 gets the job done very well. I've always been VERY impressed by how long I can go on a single full tank of gas.

Here ya go!

https://www.yamahaboats.com/19-ft-boats/compare/

Last edited:

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Got to love how the 190 has basically the same top speed as the Scarab super charged. Says alot about the engine and boat.

I loved the ar190 2017 the blue and black looked amazing or maybe it was 16 anyways that one. The one thing that I would miss is the bow filler seat, cleats, but mainly the grey interior accents is the biggest one. I found the interior just all white very little to break it up. If it had the same interior I would have got it. I can buy the cleats and depth sounder for cheap and have lots of cash left over with all the gas money I would have saved. I was up at the cottage for 5 days, used 90L of fuel. Crazy never used that much fuel on anything I've owned, sleds, boats seadoo etc. Oh well, 51mph is fun. Or 46 with 7 people.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The white/black 190 was claimed today as a replacement on an insurance claim for a damaged boat. The lone 195 in stock has the black/yellow color combo that I am not crazy about. Back to square one.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Any left overs? I love the look at my 16 that's part of the reason I got it over a 17

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2016 SX190 also has an hour meter. The 192/195 has many upgrades like carpets, swim platform has seadek, cleats, radio, interior trim, trailer, outer rubber bumper gaurd has metal insert vs all rubber on the 190. I really preferred the 192 vs 190 but wanted the better mpg and cheaper running cost so I went with the 190. The 190 takes regular gas vs premium in the 195 so there is a significant running cost difference for those that use the boat 4/5 times a week.

Last edited:

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any left overs? I love the look at my 16 that's part of the reason I got it over a 17
No leftover 2016's that I can find. The dealer has an SX 190, but I like the walkabout style of the AR.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 2016 SX190 also has an hour meter. The 192/195 has many upgrades like carpets, swim platform has seadek, cleats, radio, interior trim, trailer, outer rubber bumper gaurd has metal insert vs all rubber on the 190. I really preferred the 192 vs 190 but wanted the better mpg and cheaper running cost so I went with the 190. The 190 takes regular gas vs premium in the 192/195 so there is a significant running cost difference for those that use the boat 4/5 times a week.
Oh yea I forgot about the rub rail, carpet and SeaDek on the swim platform on the 192/195. All that stuff adds up.

The 192's don't require premium fuel. That's only for the 195's since they have higher boost from the larger supercharger compressor wheel.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMO, the 195/192 guys have a better value than my 190. More Doo-Dads per dollar spent. The one 190 is still a great value, but the 195 is better.

The offset is in fuel consumption, which might or might not be an issue depending on your use case and needs.

Paul McCurley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did a lot of research before buying a 2017 AR195 and one thing that no one has mentioned is the sound. According to boattest.com at 6500 RPMs the 195 is 84db and the AR190 is 95db which is a huge difference. And I put about 30 to 40 hrs a year on my old boat and that equals about $200 to $300 a year difference between the higher priced fuel and the extra consumption. Not much for the extras you get and the speed and power if you want it. Why worry about a couple hundred dollars of extra operating cost when you just spent $35,000 for something just to play with. Just saying

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with Paul on the fuel savings dilemma.. you’re probably not buying a boat to save money :)

I looked at 192’s before I bought my 190, and after having a vehicle with turbo problems I felt the possibility of additional maintenance or problems on a toy was a hassle I didn’t want to worry about.

Would a 192/195 be awesome? Yes.
Who doesn’t want to go faster.