• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 195 Fishing Rod Holders

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Has anyone installed a Mate Series rod/cup holder combo on their 195? We are looking at potentially doing some trolling on our 195 and looking at options on how to secure the poles. The wife doesn’t want to drill holes in the boat, so I’m limited to probably a cup holder/rod combo, something that attaches to the tower, or worst case scenario (having to hold the pole).

Interested in seeing what others may be doing.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the Mate series Cup/Rod holders (Black Plastic) on my AR190. Works great and was an easy install. You will have to drill three holes for the new inserts, disconnect the hose drain from existing, and run a new hose to bildge well from new insert. Maybe an hour install for four holders. The metal versions will be similar install, but doesn't match my current cups which are black, where your 195 I believe uses the stainless look.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine has black inserts and a chrome cap. I only have two cup holders on the very back of the transem, which would be less than ideal for holding the rods. I am considering now some clamp on mounts to the tower. Not sure how they would hold up to light trolling though.

Soonerlt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone installed a Mate Series rod/cup holder combo on their 195? We are looking at potentially doing some trolling on our 195 and looking at options on how to secure the poles. The wife doesn’t want to drill holes in the boat, so I’m limited to probably a cup holder/rod combo, something that attaches to the tower, or worst case scenario (having to hold the pole).

Interested in seeing what others may be doing.
I had ours installed on our SX195 while it was in for service. Agree with Richardb, dealer said it was an easy install using the existing cutouts. We had ours rotated to port and starboard by 30 degrees for better trolling. They work great for both trolling and for the run in at the end of the day (not to mention the beer). Our dealer only stocks this series now. Pic attached.

Attachments

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I have been looking into. Do you use them for trolling at all or just holding them for transport/stationary fishing?
These holders are solid for trolling; however not sure I would be trolling for marlin or big tuna with them. They come with a lot of size options, but unfortunately it's not a tight fit, so I added weather stripping to the inside. This makes it a tight seal and they don't budge, but there is some prep work on the install. Hope the images help.

Attachments

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had ours installed on our SX195 while it was in for service. Agree with Richardb, dealer said it was an easy install using the existing cutouts. We had ours rotated to port and starboard by 30 degrees for better trolling. They work great for both trolling and for the run in at the end of the day (not to mention the beer). Our dealer only stocks this series now. Pic attached.
Do you know if you had the backing plate installed on the underside as well?

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can install a plate underneath with through bolts on each side. Keep in mind you will have to remove more than the inspection plate to get at both rod holders to do this. Not a big deal, but like anything, takes time and Yoga to get there.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Removing the engine access plate on the transem I should be able to reach the port side holder no problem. The starboard side is going to be the pain to get to though. It looks like the 19 has the cup holders in a different location than previous years.

Attachments

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Removing the engine access plate on the transem I should be able to reach the port side holder no problem. The starboard side is going to be the pain to get to though. It looks like the 19 has the cup holders in a different location than previous years.
The access plate is within a removable panel. Remove the whole panel (about ten screws) and you can access both sides without too much difficulty. The wash plug tube just slides off and on without any resistance.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The access plate is within a removable panel. Remove the whole panel (about ten screws) and you can access both sides without too much difficulty. The wash plug tube just slides off and on without any resistance.
It looks like there is a silicon sealant around that panel, similar to what looks to be on the cup holders. Am I correct in thinking that I need to re-seal everything during the installation process? If so, is there any special marine grade type stuff I should consider?

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I reused the same seal. Seemed in good enough shape. If you go with a new seal, i would use a gasket or other nonadhesive type.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What degree did you go with the mate series? 15 or 30?

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I went with the black 30 degrees with the chrome caps. Due to space limitations they can’t be turned directly out from the boat, but probably more of a 45 degree angle back.

Here is a picture of us trolling with them a few weeks back. Been using lead core line and catching quite a few Kokanee with this setup. Been trying to figure out how to rig up a way to have one or two more pole holders somewhere. I may convert the table stand to hold one or two Scotty rod holders as well.

Attachments

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks. Looks pretty good to me.
I went with the black 30 degrees with the chrome caps. Due to space limitations they can’t be turned directly out from the boat, but probably more of a 45 degree angle back.

Here is a picture of us trolling with them a few weeks back. Been using lead core line and catching quite a few Kokanee with this setup. Been trying to figure out how to rig up a way to have one or two more pole holders somewhere. I may convert the table stand to hold one or two Scotty rod holders as well.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m assuming I would have to buy the black holders and chrome caps separately? Looks like there’s a solid stainless option at $100 per as well. Thanks

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes, I bought them both on Amazon. The plastic with stainless top combo is $25 combined versus $100 for the full stainless option.

poordealguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the Mate series Cup/Rod holders (Black Plastic) on my AR190. Works great and was an easy install. You will have to drill three holes for the new inserts, disconnect the hose drain from existing, and run a new hose to bildge well from new insert. Maybe an hour install for four holders. The metal versions will be similar install, but doesn't match my current cups which are black, where your 195 I believe uses the stainless look.
Can you please expound a bit more on where you took the new hose? I see the bottom of the boat with the cup holder removed but not sure where to take the new hose from the new rod holder drain since it sits much lower than the existing cup drain to the swim platform...We just got our new AR190 and the mate series combo holders for the swim platform...interestingly, our screw holes line up with those on the new combo holder!

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I bought them both on Amazon. The plastic with stainless top combo is $25 combined versus $100 for the full stainless option.
Do you have a link for the stainless steal top?