• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 240 speed question

Boatdad24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just picked up a 2015 AR240, 106 hours on both motors. We went to strawberry reservoir out side of Heber, Utah. The Elevation is 7612 ft. We were only able to run 6100rpm, 35 mph. Even at higher elevation I still thought we could run in the 40’s? We just got the boat Yesterday and are still trying to figure a few things out. This is the first time the boat was in the water this year.

Im new to jet boats so any advise would be greatly appreciated!

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
At sea level, Key West, Florida with my 2016 242 Limited S E-Series with the big bimini 6K RPM usually has me between 31-35 MPH depending on wind and sea conditions. At WOT the gauge says it is burning about twice as much fuel as 6K and only gets it up to about 45 so I stick to a happy 6K and whatever speed that produces on a given day.

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2018 AR 240 I hit 50 mph last week early in the day. Some what calm water

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just picked up a 2015 AR240, 106 hours on both motors. We went to strawberry reservoir out side of Heber, Utah. The Elevation is 7612 ft. We were only able to run 6100rpm, 35 mph. Even at higher elevation I still thought we could run in the 40’s? We just got the boat Yesterday and are still trying to figure a few things out. This is the first time the boat was in the water this year.

Im new to jet boats so any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thats alot of elevation , top speed on my 2019 AR 240 is 53 ..( sea level)..you might need to repitch your prop to get the rpms up to whatever the redline is for your motors