• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR Tower longer replacement knobs are in this thread

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is an off the shelf replacement knob that has 3/4” more engagement than the stock forward swept AR Knob. This amounts to about 11 more turns than factory. All 303 stainless. Similar tensile strength as 316 stainless. Less corrosion resistance than 316 or even 304. Use your existing black plastic cone washer that comes with your factory knobs. You may be able to cut the stud length down to get good engagement and use the spring to hold the knob out. It will be a balancing act though. I have not ordered any yet but I will be ordering in the next week to verify the fit.

Use at your own discretion.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#6091k54/=19w7lnc

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@McMark thanks for the finding this, do you know what model years this covers?

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It covers my 2015 AR 240. And probably the newer AR 240s.

There is a CAD drawing in the link. Just make sure that the thread matches yours. It’s 3/8-16 thread for the forward swept AR 240 that I have.

You may have to trim off some length in the event the stud bottoms out against the base plate.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only thing I don’t know at this point is how far the stud goes into the knob, or if it’s one piece. We’ll know soon enough though.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only thing I don’t know at this point is how far the stud goes into the knob, or if it’s one piece. We’ll know soon enough though.
That would be important, as I would advice anyone to tighten those bolts with a tool, not by hand.

And if not needing to fold the tower all the time - I would recommend using the trick I posted in the other tower thread, loosening the under-the-hull-cap bolts first and then re-tightening them AFTER the hand-wheel bolts are in (and tight) - basically clamping those inside the brace mechanism so there no chance of those sliding or wiggling out.

--